Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah i have a funny feeling dickies is no longer a source of good components and more focusing on selling tvs and stereos.

Ok so given the apparent legal implications of not using a genuine Honda part in an srs system, and the fact that the (f-head) mechanic that nocked back the pinkslip may check the resistor after I tell him its been fixed.

Does anyone know the part number of one of these resistors and if a local repco would be able to order it in?-

If not and I need to get one from Jaycar are they 2.2 OHM ?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    its not the guy who is passing the car for inspection you have to worry about its if you have a crash and someone gets hurt and upon inspection they find you have modified your SRS system. your in deep ****

your not even allowed to repair SRS wiring. IT must be replaced.

Ok well I will deal with the ramifications of my repaired srs system, which is replacing a faulty resistor. I dont plan on splicing wires and running a coffe machine through it I just want the light to work correctly along with the system.

Either way I plan on replacing this resistor myself and not paying an autoelectricion to do the same job which could cost a large sum of money.

You are correct if I am in a crash and the one airbag deploys in a faulty fashion that somehow explodes too late or too early I will have to deal with the consequences if someone gets hurt.

If it turns out its more than the resistor to get it working there is no way in hell im getting into the srsecu thats just a bit techy and not something I want to play with.

Do you know where I can get an OEM resistor? I have a few places to check but its difficult without a specific part number

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by lh 333 View Post
    I have a few places to check but its difficult without a specific part number
    quick search shows part number as 32146-SV4-013
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Cheers mate,

I am a honda fan second and therfore do not have all the usual scematics, parts lists and understanding that I do for my Torana.

Thanks for the usual great reception you get on forums, if any of you guys have any Torana related questions the guys at GMH-Torana.com.au or myself will be able to help you out.(not that any of you would care for such antiquated pieces of technology)

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by lh 333 View Post
    Ok well I will deal with the ramifications of my repaired srs system, which is replacing a faulty resistor. I dont plan on splicing wires and running a coffe machine through it I just want the light to work correctly along with the system.
    I lol'ed!!!!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but can anyone point me in the rough general direction of the passenger side SRS oem dummy resistor?

My 99 CXi is throwing a 2-2 (passenger resistor) srs code, I've got the half the dash in bits right now trying to find where its hiding ... any help appreciated!

Not having much luck on google or the service manuals so far ...

Thanks!
    Dave

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    its located where the pasangers inflator would be, you should see a yellow loom suddeenly stop and at the end will the the dummy resistor.

the passenger airbag has some wiring that runs down to the centre console frame, so I would suspect it's somewhere around there

if you're sitting in the passenger seat, it would be where your right foot is (behind that panel)

Thanks guys, found it at last!

It turned out to be on the floor behind the center console like dorikin mentioned.

Funny thing was I ended up pulling out half my interior looking for 1. the diagnostic port, then 2. this dummy resistor for the passenger side ... turns out it was all accessible without taking anything apart! (well, except the srs plastic cover, but that was easy).

For anyone looking to do this fix later on, I found this PDF really useful in the end: http://www.aaen.com.au/old/8.pdf

Page 1 shows the location of both the blue diagnostic port (at least on my '99 model), and the location of the dummy resistor and what it looks like.

The resistor read just over 6 ohm when I tested it, which I'm lead to believe is meant to be 2.2 ohm, hence my 2-2 SRS code for high resistance I guess.

Fingers crossed a new one from honda sorts it out next week!

Cheers,
    Dave.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quick fix for this issue.

Remove the blub behind the SRS Sign on the dash.

I know of many people doing this, no1 has been caught.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Quick fix for this issue.

Remove the blub behind the SRS Sign on the dash.

I know of many people doing this, no1 has been caught.
    Lol not as easy as it sounds on a EK.....
    OEM parts whore