Member Array
    Car:
    DA Integra

DA9 Passenger side water leak

Hi everyone,

Got a little annoying problem. Ive replaced all the water seal grommets in my integra under the front windscreen however during heavy rain water still accumulates inside the heater fan, thus leaking all over the passenger floor. I cant think of anything else that would stop it? Is there supposed to be a gasket somewhere? Not keen on putting silicon everywhere and Im sure Honda never did that from factory.

Cheers, Tommy
    S3 Bluebird TRX
    DA Integra
    NA worked GJ SE Sigma
    2JZ + R154 + GT35r + BPU MX83 Cressida

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Did you clean underneath the lower windscreen guard before you changed the grommets? Not full of leaves or anything? Worked for me once.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 with B18c2
    i had same problem .. i ended up taking the windscreen out to replace all the seals and crap
    and found a bit of hidden rust at the top left corner of the windscreen i not sure if its a common problem
    with it but yeh i just got rid of the rust and got a mate to fix up everything and no more leaks
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Member Array
    Car:
    DA Integra
    Thanks for the replys guys.

I cleaned the whole areas inside out, no leaves or dirt whatsoever. Theres no rust and everything else is sealed well. I poured water on top of the windscreen to check where the leak was and it revealed a lot of water running straight into the heater fan which in turn, leaks onto the carpet.

Looks like water just runs right over the water channel and down into the heater fan
    S3 Bluebird TRX
    DA Integra
    NA worked GJ SE Sigma

had this anoying problem back when my brother had his da9. did exactly as you did, changed gasket, changed this, sealed that did the whole lot. but the one thing we overlooked were the actual fasteners that fastens the heater vent cover and also the fasteners that fastens the windscreen cowling. water flows through those fasteners! if you look at those ends of fasteners carefully notice from factory when new they actually had plastics/rubber covers wrapped on the ends to prevent water going through them.

by now these would had perished or were damaged upon removal.

at first we tried to seal over them, but water were still finding its way thru them so in the end we ripped all fasteners around that area out and sealed up all the holes completely. not a drop ever entered the cabin again. there may be better ways to do this, but we were frustrated and cbf anymore to the point of resorting to this.

good luck with it!

Member Array
    Car:
    DA Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Xceller8r View Post
    had this anoying problem back when my brother had his da9. did exactly as you did, changed gasket, changed this, sealed that did the whole lot. but the one thing we overlooked were the actual fasteners that fastens the heater vent cover and also the fasteners that fastens the windscreen cowling. water flows through those fasteners! if you look at those ends of fasteners carefully notice from factory when new they actually had plastics/rubber covers wrapped on the ends to prevent water going through them.

by now these would had perished or were damaged upon removal.

at first we tried to seal over them, but water were still finding its way thru them so in the end we ripped all fasteners around that area out and sealed up all the holes completely. not a drop ever entered the cabin again. there may be better ways to do this, but we were frustrated and cbf anymore to the point of resorting to this.

good luck with it!
    You are absolutely spot on!!! I took the whole cowl off again to check the problem out, replaced the sponge seals and all, didnt fix it. Then found out the fasteners were leaking too! I ended up ripping them out, sealing them up. I think its actually sealing water out now lol.

Obviously Honda designers did not consider the reliability of their cowl design in the first place haha
    S3 Bluebird TRX
    DA Integra
    NA worked GJ SE Sigma