Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH

Whats the best shops/ suppliers in Adelaide and Melborune for Hondas?

Whats the best shops/ suppilers in Adelaide and Melborune for my EK Civic for wrecking, Performance parts, suspension, racing equipment, etc.. I will be in Melborune next weekend and Adelaide 2 weekends after as i live 500kms away from both cities.
    Or unless you have a VTEC civic, can i look at them? so i know what to do when i do mine in the near future, and maybe i get a ride in one cause i never been in or seen a vtec before in metal other than in a mini.

Cheers!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    To be honest I don't think there's any good shops that just sell Honda parts or similar. Just the usual supply shops like SCA/Bursons/Autobahn etc, and obviously independent places. There's a few wreckers and stuff but the scene generally isn't as big here as it is on the eastern coast.

If you want parts you're best off ordering what you want. It's not like F&F1 unfortunately, where you can just go into a shop and walk away with a full turbo setup + NOS with Vin.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    haha i know theres no shops like F&F1, but i was hoping there would be something like that. Oh well, what wrecking yard you trust that has Civics, Integras and others ha. I need a couple of interior bits and pieces i broke when i was 15 and had no idea to how to change a mirror.... until after i broken it haha

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Have a look at http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showwik...le=Spare+Parts for a fairly comprehensive list of Honda wreckers. Personally I prefer HondWreck to HondWorld, but a lot of people have the opposite experience.

In Melbourne, I don't think any of the dedicated Honda wreckers are self serve, so if you want to do some wrenching yourself, try hitting up Imlachs in Clayton, or Jollys in Ringwood or Dandenong, you can even have a look at the car stock on the Jollys web pages. I'm sure there are a few others, but I haven't had any experience with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Cheers man, helps heaps, i am not sure you know but do they open sundays? even thought i mostly thinking they wont haha

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    All of the self-serve ones I listed are open Sundays, they close at 4 or 5pm, have a look at their sites. I know HondWorld is closed on Sundays, but not sure about the others.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    I personally go to hondworld and hondwreck. pretty good for me so far, some stuff can be over priced as **** but.... at the end of the day its what you need and some parts can be hard to come by

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    The reason why they are expensive is mainly over labour work. I work at a wreckers place too but manly Fords and Holdens, never had skylines, civics, crx, etc haha. And i try the self serve thanks, i better bring my tools haha

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Cxi
    try checking out Honda Dynamiks; haven't used him myself (yet) but my mate took his DC2R there and was happy with his work. (Cnr of Cross Rds and Marion Road)

0430 447 791
    445 Marion Rd
    SOUTH PLYMPTON, SA, 5038

And try Woodville Motor Wreckers (as per the previous Spare Parts post). I would also suggest 'regularly' checking on Gumtree... every now and then interesting parts will come up.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Quote Originally Posted by amK7 View Post
    try checking out Honda Dynamiks; haven't used him myself (yet) but my mate took his DC2R there and was happy with his work. (Cnr of Cross Rds and Marion Road)

0430 447 791
    445 Marion Rd
    SOUTH PLYMPTON, SA, 5038

And try Woodville Motor Wreckers (as per the previous Spare Parts post). I would also suggest 'regularly' checking on Gumtree... every now and then interesting parts will come up.
    Cheers, I can make it into Honda Dynamiks but not woodville. Plus i am going to a wrecker in melbourne anyway haha