Member Array
    Car:
    1996 JDM CW ITR, 94 VTI-R

DIY/Review Godspeed EK X Brace

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!.

hi guys i thought id put up a quick guide on how to install the Godspeed x brace into the ek.

PLEASE NOTE : This brace was originally fitted to my DC2 not EK but for the most part everything is the same when it comes to the install hell it fits fine pics speak for themselves

Degree of difficulty: 8/10 for a novice or 6/10 for those mechanically minded

Tools Needed: Dremel drill (or simmilar), 14mm and 15mm sockets and 1/2 in wrench and open ended spanners, 1/2 in extention bar for wrench, tape measure, allen key set, philips head s/driver, work light, patience of a saint.

1) First and foremost assemble the brace out side of the car. this will save you time take rough estimate of the dimentions of the rear left seat belt bolt to the right. this allows rough setup of the top bar

2) Again measure approx the distance between both strut towers and adjust the lower bar

3) intall the bent outer arms of the brace to the x brace

4) once its together photograph all of the bolts and rose joints for future reference

5) the brace should look something like the following once assembled

6) i saved a lot of time here because i had existing holes to cut into the plastics. shown here

if you dont already have existing holes then you will need to uninstall the 6x9 speakers on the parcel shelf. remove the screws (should be 2 on the cover and 4 on the speaker)
    this will allow you to access the strut tower. once the speakers are removed drop your hand down the hole and line up where the top of the strut bolts come across to the plastic . mark the spot and at this point you will need to cut the holes with the dremmel.

thats all for tonight as i will take proper measurements tomorrow in relation to the holes needed to fit the brace
    Last edited by skonas; 17-08-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    When man see tarmac he feel it gorgeous yet sensual. Craving the apex, achievment of the highest is fullfilled. leaves or rain at 9000rpm. Wining is of upmost importance. Thats a type R

Member Array
    This is more of a installation tutorial, as opposed to a review -

care to give a review?

pics of it installed?
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster

Member Array
    Car:
    Review at the end lol sorry guys I've been at work all day and I'll throw the pics up as I go. As far as I can tell it has increased rigidity a touch as the hatch no longer creaks when gong over bumps I haven't had a chance to see what its like when driving 'spiritedly' yet but I will do at the end
    When man see tarmac he feel it gorgeous yet sensual. Craving the apex, achievment of the highest is fullfilled. leaves or rain at 9000rpm. Wining is of upmost importance. Thats a type R

Member Array
    Car:
    sorry for the wait. when cutting the holes for the strut mounts create a hole approx 15cm x 15cm with the dremmel or simmilar. once this is done remove the strut bolts and mount the brace. which should look like the following
    you can now connect the lower bar adjust it roughly first then fit. i placed the lower bar on the mounts towards the front of the car but im sure you could do it the other way. the next section is the bent arms adjusting these is kent like. take your time to get it right so everything lines up they mount to the base plates like so..
    now its a case of lining up the whole lot to meet the c pillar seat belt holes. again this is time consuming and requires proper patience. eventually if everything has lined up properly it should look something like this (please note this photo doesn't show it bolted into the c pillar)

ill throw up the review tomorrow

review?

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    tomorrow never comes, dont you know
    SSpamily

hehe