Thread: VIC: What ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz

VIC: What ECU

Hello OZH Crew,

*** BEFORE I CONTINUE ***
    Yes i know i need a lot of engine work to see significant gains, yes i know its easier to just run a turbo to make power. Yes i know all about the pros and cons of ITBs that is not what this thread is about do not comment unless you can actually help not just spam useless facts you read in a Mag, FB post or another forum i've been looking at ITBs for d-series engines for about 6months so just help if you can ask questions but dont make useless posts. That being said hopefully this will help people in the future!
    *** Many thanks ***

Im in the middle of sourcing items for my little project. Im attempting to put ITBS on to my D16A8.
    Parts so far:
    - OBD0 -> OBD1 harness
    - OBD1 ECU
    - Reground Cams (Ex CRX Race Car)
    - Custom made ITBS using Honda CBR600 ITBS

So far i've been looking at neptune the only issue i have with this is im unable to find anyone in Vic that does it last i heard AK Motor works was doing them (and quite well from all reports) but has been closed for sometime now. Chrome also has support for ITBs and again a lot of good feedback online from the states. There is also Motec, Microtech, eCtune Hondata to name a few that can also do this, most are far beyond my reach in terms of dollars so im looking for something suitable that wont break my back that more than one person can tune.

My questions are:

- If you have/had ITBs on a Honda before what ECU did you use and why?
    - Who did your tuning and where?
    - What did it cost you? (feel free to pm me if you dont want it to be world news)

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by hitoriko; 21-08-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    . h i t o r i k o .

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    This might not be helpful... but worth a helping hand

Revzone is the official Hondata tuners and supplier in Vic so they would be able to help you more if u decide to go down the hondata route.

I have read up about Hondata S100 with ITB's very mixed views, but probs something u already read up about, but than again its a chipped ecu and not standalone, but obviously S300 would be the go to maximize the performance, than again for the price as u pointed out are similar to other standalone ecu out there
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Give Trent & Cat a call at Chequered Tuning. They are Neptune tuners as well as every other ECU or flash programme you can think of
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    Thanks mate i've sent them an email
    . h i t o r i k o .