Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.

Ge jazz recall ( motion springs )

Just got a recall notice for my 09 GE JAZZ, for possible defective " Motion Springs ".

Did a little Googling, and these springs actually sit under the rocker gear in the cylinder head, and can possibly break causing rough running or the engine to stall. So it's apparently a 3 hour job to replace the 4 motion springs, re check valve clearances, and hopefully that's it.

Anyone else have this done to their GE ?

Yes, I have gone thru this. This was done during my 40Tkm service. My jazz was stuck with them for a week. Because of the replacement, they found another faulty component which they never encountered before so had to go thru a series of approvals to have the additional part replaced.

it took a day, its a pain in the ass job because the rocker cover is underneath the windscreen plenum and usually you have to adjust the tappets after

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5[KRT] View Post
    it took a day, its a pain in the ass job because the rocker cover is underneath the windscreen plenum and usually you have to adjust the tappets after
    That's what I've heard. I'm dropping the car in the arvo before, so that they are working on a stone cold engine for proper valve adjustment. Pity this needs doing, the car is running so sweet, and I hope they don't get the apprentice to work on my car this time

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    deleted.
    Last edited by fundies; 29-08-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    yea...i had this done a while ago and now the car runs rough. stupid peter warren.

took my car back twice. they said they adjusted it too tight or something...and now it idles rough. like my whole car shudders.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Luckily, my car didn't need the motion springs replaced. Apparently they can tell from numbers stamped on the valve gear if they need replacing, it was only a certain dud batch. So all they did was remove the rocker cover, check the stamped numbers, then reinstall the valve cover.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    good stuff.

look, on the bright side if you are due for a 40/80k service you can get it adjusted there and do the oil change yourself :P