Member Array
    Car:
    jazz

Jazz 2012 reverse sensors

Hi guys,

Any one here can give me some information about the reverse parking sensors that have them fitted on the jazz, that would be great. I intend to get Honda to install them on my next service (quoted $500).

Are they directional beeping? example. do the left speakers beep more if I get closer to an object on the left?

How far till the beeping start? 5m or 10m..

And lastly do You feel if they were a good add on.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Nothing to special about them. Me and my Mrs just got our MY12 VTIS tonight. Only thing I noticed was weird was when we would go down our driveway backwards since we have a dip it would start beeping lol. As for sound difference none of that just beeps faster the closer you get to something. Haven't done any distance tests though. Only reason we got them is because my friend owns Ground Zero Window Tinting at Blacktown so I could get a hook up on tints lol.

I did notice a plastic burning smell is this normal? We''ve done like 25km's from the dealership to our house and noticed a plastic burning smell.
    Smells something close to a clutch riding but since the car was for the Mrs it's auto lol is this normal? Or should I check up with the dealership?

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Burning smell is normal in all new cars for a week or two.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by edmond23 View Post
    Hi guys,

Any one here can give me some information about the reverse parking sensors that have them fitted on the jazz, that would be great. I intend to get Honda to install them on my next service (quoted $500).

Are they directional beeping? example. do the left speakers beep more if I get closer to an object on the left?

How far till the beeping start? 5m or 10m..

And lastly do You feel if they were a good add on.

Thanks
    no they arent that amazing. because that would require them being hooked into your head unit.
    which would then have like another 4 wires running into it for the sensors.
    Im not even sure if the beeping comes from speekers does it? i thought it was related to the beeping you get when u forget your headlights are on as u get out, or the beep that says the seatbelt isnt in

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    I got the sensors installed today, the sensors are very basic, no directional beeping, starts beeping from maybe 3 or so metres and it doesn't come from the stereo speakers, it must be a additional small speaker they install. hope this helps any one else looking to get them installed.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by edmond23 View Post
    I got the sensors installed today, the sensors are very basic, no directional beeping, starts beeping from maybe 3 or so metres and it doesn't come from the stereo speakers, it must be a additional small speaker they install. hope this helps any one else looking to get them installed.
    this is 100% accurate. I bought a kit with a magnetic stripe distance sensor (works very well surprisingly) so it doesn't need drilling and painting

the speaker is supposed to be mounted somewhere in your boot.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC