[CU2] Strange humming/droning noise when accelerating from 0km/h
Hi guys, I'm a newbie here. Just got my CU2 last month. Hope to find some answers. Humming noise getting on my nerve. I know there's been questions similar to this. Tried searching for some answers but can't find a description that match my situation.
There is a humming/droning sound when accelerating from 0km/h:
- engine cold, and even after engine warmed up reached nominal temp
- sound comes regardless driving straight or turns
- steering operation normal
- air cond on/off does not make any difference
- sound pitch gets higher as speed/rpm increase, then fades awat when past 3k rpm
, but comes back when rpm reduce
- i can confirm it's not from the wheel, not from the rear, but somewhere in engine bay
- checked brake fluid, ok
- can't see any hose binding whatsoever
- belt seem okay, not loose
- can't confirm if losing power or not, because just started accelerating
The noise goes away completely after driving like 5-10 minutes, even when stopped at traffic light & start moving, it doesn't sound anymore.
Used to drive a Civic ET1 K20 engine, but never heard this sound before. Does anyone here have this issue?
Hi Praja, I thought so too, but I am using RON98 petrol, so it shouldn't ping. The sound is more like a deep humming / droning sound, and gets higher pitched noise when I accelerate, but fades off shortly after that. This happens only the first 5 to 10 minutes driving in the morning. Sometimes it sounds a little faint, but sometimes the sound is quite loud. Hope it's not a serious issue. Never had this in my previous Civic.