Done it myself: Taillight Upgrade EJ/EK Hatchback

This is for LHD, been done for a European Hatch with rear fog light on the driver side (LEFT SIDE). Maybe yours came with that installation all factory fitted. If not, it might be of interest to some of you. I do not know if you have a rear fog light or not. If not, follow instructions for US if you do, switch LEFT/RIGHT around or go by driver/passenger side. :-)

This is NOT A DIY GUIDE! It is merely for informational purposes to show what I have done and what I could have done. If for whatever insane reason whatsoever you decided to make your lights look like mine, be sure to know that neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk! Of course, if you feel like getting involved in a legal dispute note that the appropriate jurisdiction will be Berlin, Germany.

Needed:

- addition two-phase-socket ie from the junkyard.
    - 5 W bulb
    - 5W/21W bulb

Basics:
    Open Connector

Losen Latch and Remove Wire

Connector original (in US Without Fog Lights so you actually do not need an additional two-phase socket and not an additional two-phase light bulb, single will do for you but you will need two additional single sockets and light bulbs)

*C604 LEFT = Driver Side LHD
    **C605 RIGHT = Passenger LHD

Europeans take driver side harness and use as passenger harness. Following adjustment necessary (US only follow driver side instructions)

Passenger harness to be used for driver side. Add additional two-phase socket according to picture below

*US will take single socket and connect black wire to black wire and whatever other wire color of single socket is connect to red/black as described for passenger side instructions above.

It might be helpful to mark foglight socket in some way.

Final connector settings:

*C604 LEFT = Fahrerseite LHD
    **C605 RIGHT = Beifahrerseite LHD

Finished harness driver side with foglight

Finished harness passenger side with additional single socket

Also needed:
    Cutout lower socket orifice (US might have to do it on both sides)

Install harness and voila, done:

Final look:

Taillights top and bottom. Brakelights top only, Fog light bottom left (driver side)

US has option of putting brakelights in all four corners but will need two additional two-phase sockets or only add taillights to lower corners by adding two single phase sockets.

Maybe it helps.
    kristin
    Last edited by chartinael; 13-03-2005 at 01:44 AM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    hey please add the disclaimers

nice write up

And again, helpful mod, legally no disclaimers needed ... since I obviously missed the memo on disclaimers on forum posts, either tell me where to get a copy of them or just put them in or delete, move, edit etc.

kristin