Hi all,

So in a nutshell, I have had a rattle within my soft top for some time and I have been far to lazy to track down the problem and think of a solution. I know that a lot of people swap out the OEM soft top striker's and catcher's for OEM hardtop striker's and catcher's, although this is usually performed when you are experiencing a problem with wind entering the roof from where the roof and A frame meet...I was not having this problem.

My problem was coming within the striker's themselves and how the plastic and metal rattle against each other when I drive over certain bumps like railway crossing's. This is a basic DIY for those experiencing the same problem, and who are not looking at spending any money to fix this annoying issue. So here we go...

tools needed:
1) screw driver
2) scissors
3) sharp knife or box cutter
4) a decent quality business card
5) multi purpose cleaner & rag (optional)

step 1:
unlatch the roof and fold back half way.

step 2
remove the 2 screws that hold each striker against the roof

step 3
take your business card cut the card roughly around 3mm off one of the sides (depending on how long the card is this might not need to be done)

step 4
slide the business card from underneath until it goes as far in as possible

step 5
use the knife or box cutter to trim off the card leaving the cut piece wedged between the plastic and metal. Do this to both sides to have 2 pieces of the business card on each side between the metal and plastic.

step 6
use the multipurpose cleaner and rag to clean the back of the striker and underneath where it sits on the roof
before:

after:

step 7
replace the striker's and enjoy rattle free bumps.

PS: I apologise for the poor iPhone quality pictures.