Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport

installing remote entry on honda civic 1995 with factory central locking system

hey there,
    i need help with installing keyless entry in my civic 1995 which already have factory central locking. i just wanted to install the remote entry to it. but when i opened the driver door and found the cable a bit complicated. so i just wondered if someone could help me with installing the kit to it. i have attached some pictures of the driver door and the keyless entry system kit that i bought.

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (3).jpg 
Views:	3580 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	22797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (6).jpg 
Views:	1323 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	22799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (4).jpg 
Views:	1300 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	22798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2650 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	22796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (5).jpg 
Views:	1056 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	22795  

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    any sort of help would be good.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    You'll need an extra door-lock actuator in order to make this work, as from factory there is none on the driver side door.

When you get that, you'll need to use the provided rod/locking clamp and mount the actuator in a position in which it can pull/push the factory locking arms. It should have at least 2 wires coming from it - you need to hook up the positive/negative triggers to the RKE module and make sure it pulls/pushes to lock/unlock the car - if it's reversed, swap the wires around.

The rest is pretty straight forward - follow the instruction manual, it should show you a diagram of how you should wire up the module for the correct signals.

RKE module should have at least the following inputs in which you need to tap into your harness:

- 12V+ (Usually Thick Red wire) - Connect to a constant 12V+ source
    - Ground (Usually Thick Black wire) - Connect to a grounding point
    - Trigger Wires (Usually Orange/Brown to power an indication light ie. parkers, indicators, brake lights, etc) - Connect to parker/indicator/brake light - google for wiring pin outs so you don't need to find it yourself.
    - Central locking triggers - depends on how many doors, etc.. but you'll only need 2 of them.
    - 2 pin LED (Usually very thin black and red wire that is joined as 1 wire - security LED) - This just plugs to the RKE module, you'll just need to mount it somewhere.

Peace.
    Last edited by zhong; 30-08-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    You'll need an extra door-lock actuator in order to make this work

This is one side; the other has only two wires as above.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Really appreciate the help guys, will give it a crack and let you know how I go.