Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Type R DC5
    what kit do you have and how much did it end up costing ? cheers, Oktay
    CW DC5R
    -Injen CAI -Buddy Club Pro Spec IV Catback
    Black Racing N1 wrapped in SUMITOMO HTR Z II + Wilwood Red Calipers, Willwood Slotted & Drilled Rotors with Wilwood Pads

14.28 @ 167 Eastern Creek

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I have a Turbo Specialties kit from the US. I ended up upgrading most of the parts down the track for more performance and reliability, but it was a good starting point.

The kit was just over 4k delivered at the time, spent 3.5k on install and tuning and have since then spent atleast another 2k on individual components to enhance the kit.

so lets say 10k give or take so far.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Still keen op?
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    Type R DC5
    hey Guys, sorry for the late reply, I am still definately keen, just been going through some storys, I have come accross alot of people spending well over 5k for finished product, I would like to know if there is anyone out there who has made it under <5k If so I would really like to get in contact with them. Cheers Guys
    CW DC5R
    Black Racing N1 wrapped in SUMITOMO HTR Z II + Wilwood Red Calipers, Willwood Slotted & Drilled Rotors with Wilwood Pads

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If someone has, it wouldn't have lasted very long. Look into a Full Race turbo kit if you want quality
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Type R DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    If someone has, it wouldn't have lasted very long. Look into a Full Race turbo kit if you want quality
    Yes, thats what I am worried about. I really do want to spend around 7-10k, But I dont think I can put that kind of money towards the car at once like that. I might see how it goes though, I could possibly think about buying the kit seperate, let it sit at home for a while I gather some money for Kpro + Tuning.
    CW DC5R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95eg,96ek,dc5r
    buying cheap parts will not last you very long, especially a turbo kit for only 1500. would prob last you 10000km then parts will start to fail eg. turbo seals, crack mani/pipings, oil lines etc etc.

If you want it to last longer and you can't afford it in one big blow, best bet is for you to buy good (quality) parts slowly. With a budget of 10k you should have everything, and installed (DIY). I am in the process of turbocharging my aus dc5r and its not cheap but should be worth it, have already spent over 5k. Billet 6262 turbo, kpro, clutch and flywheel, custom manifold. let us know how you go, would be very interested to see power figures with what kind of money spent.

Hi, sorry to dig this up from the grave but i was wondering whether you ended up turboing your dc5?

From my experience it cost me easily 10k after i got my kit installed. With that said i did not DIY, instead i paid a mechanic who knew what he was doing which ended up costing me roughly 3.5k

There are a lot of little things that will add up and you will pull your hair out cos stuff doesnt fit as it should etc. It took the mechanic over 1 month to finish the job.

Like they say: Do it once, do it right

I am making a conservative 370whp on 9psi with my Full race turbo kit....

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Lol <5k for forced induction, not to be a dick. I read this somewhere on this forum. CHEAP, POWER and RELIBILITY.
    You can pick only 2 of them at a time. If your cheap and want power, your car wont be reliable, if your cheap and want reliability then your car wont be putting down the numbers your chasing....and so on so on.

I recently bought a very minty dc5r, very nice car.

I also crunched some numbers to see which way I would like to go in terms of modification.

SC Setup = easy 9.8k thats not even taking into account labour and what not road blocks I may encounter.

K24 Setup = easy 9k as well. This setup may not be able to put down the numbers i want.

But hey what do I know, this is only my 5th project car and its going to be the biggest yet or 1st Kseries!.