Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2

Lights (Headlights & Foglights)

Hey,

I have a 2010 standard CU2. I've been searching and reading around for a while regarding the lightbulbs for my headlights. Most of the thread are for HID's, and I'm assuming that my standard doesn't have HID's.

I want to replace my standard lights with white (5000K or 6000K) bulbs with the current bulbs I have(not sure what they are) or with some HIDs, but I'm quite confused at where and especially, what to buy. If L was to fit HID's into my headlights I read that my halogens? or whatever won't create a sharp beam, so does that mean I cant get HID's for my car? I'm mainly just going for brighter lights.

I am also looking to install foglights for my car (my friend just installed some for his car and didn't know it'll that good). I read a thread from two years ago, saying that it'll be $299 from the dealer, not sure if anyone has a more recent experience regarding the costs(I've emailed them but waiting for reply). Lastly, would the labor cost for them to install the foglights be cheaper if I asked them to install it during my next service?

Raymond.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Unless your Euro is the Lux version, you got normal halogen bulbs.
    You can get aftermarket HID's for the normal euro... but it's not exactly legal.
    TBH you could just get some Osram nightbreakers adn they'll be just as bright as HID's

lightbulbs: http://www.powerbulbs.com/au (search for Honda > Accord Euro)
    Foglights: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_t...o+fog&_sacat=0

you are welcome.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 02-09-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    TBH you could just get some Osram nightbreakers adn they'll be just as bright as HID's
    Yeah, i had a read around saying HIDs conversion wouldn't be possible - and i do like your Osram suggestion, i came across it before just wasn't sure if it was for Halogens or not. However would there be any heat issues with the lightbulbs? because i would assume that there would be more heat seeing how it is brighter.

Also thanks for the Ebay link, but i've also search on Ebay it looks like its only for CLs

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by reiimondo View Post
    Yeah, i had a read around saying HIDs conversion wouldn't be possible - and i do like your Osram suggestion, i came across it before just wasn't sure if it was for Halogens or not. However would there be any heat issues with the lightbulbs? because i would assume that there would be more heat seeing how it is brighter.

Also thanks for the Ebay link, but i've also search on Ebay it looks like its only for CLs
    considering the aftermarket HID's are also in the same light housing as the halogens. heat wont be an issue.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars