Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shadow E-Drive Advance Electronic Throttle Controller

Hi Guys,
    I just purchased a Shadow E Drive from Hanzo Racing on Ebay, delivered to my door for $120. I have an 09 FD1, and had to specify model for the correct connector.

Installation was beyond easy, it took about 5 minutes, longer was spent tying cables together and putting them out of the way than the installation.
    You simply disconnect plug above throttle pedal, install the E Drive cable and connect to the unit, plug the unit into power, and connect the display part. Hope that made sense.

The absolute best bit is the rev hang thing has disappeared, my heel and toeing, general downshifting is much more precise. When you coast along on a steady throttle opening and adjust the controller, as you go through the 9 power modes the car accelerates and correspondingly as you go through the 7 eco settings the car decellerates.

The car feels more lively and dollar for dollar this is a must have device.

There is a downside, however, it does not remain in mode selected ( ie eco 1, power 2 etc). When I turn off my car it goes to back to normal mode. I have to press the mode button upon start up to select the mode I was previously in.

TEETS OR GTFO

... I mean pics ;D ... nice review!
    Last edited by lolmclol; 06-09-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2010
    Hey nice review.

Im thinking of buying one of these. Are you sure its installed correctly? I read in another thread that a loose wire causes it to not save the mode.

Attention All.
    Envoytheguy I did indeed re install the unit and triple checked for loose wires. That was DuffyFD's problem.
    I wrote to Hanzo Racing and they wrote back, coming from the black box is a wire that is looped, you can clearly see it in the photo. The blue wire is for connection to reverse light, if you so wish.
    I cut the looped wire and hey presto it retains it's settings. This has changed the E Drive to a must have, cant live without device.
    I find myself using power 2 mode and am having loads of fun playing with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2010
    Thats awesome. So all you do is cut that black looped wire. Odd how they don't include these instructions in the manual. Thanks!

Yeah, that's all I had to do. I will admit I was a bit nervous doing so. Hanzo Racing explained it was set up that way for "safety reasons".

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    its probably something to do with not wanting u to be in top sporty-ness whilst in reverse.
    so to ecnourage hooking up that wire they make the system less enjoyable until it/something is done.

just a thought.

good review!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    I got given one of these today for Christmas.
    It took only a couple of minutes to plug up. It did indeed take longer to hide the wiring.
    It's installed in a 2010 Odyssey Lux which had terrible throttle lag before (compared to other non-throttle by wire hot hatches I've had before at least).
    I run it on Po7 because the car is quite large and heavy.
    The result; much quicker off the mark, and quicker/more responsive through the rev range.
    Well worth the $120 asking price.

Hi guys does this controller work on honda cl9

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 GE8
    Quote Originally Posted by speedo1 View Post
    Hi guys does this controller work on honda cl9
    If you order the correct connector/ wiring harness then YES.

After driving my best friend's Toyota new 86 with this mod, I decided to install a Shadow E-Drive Throttle Controller on my wife's Jazz GE8, & it now feels like a different car when put in sports mode!

It is a lot more responsive & just wants to keep going.

I think this might be a simpler/ earlier version of the E-Drive Advance. It looks the same but only has 1-7 Sports Mode & 1-5 Economy Mode. (Versus the 1-9 Sports & 1-7 Economy Modes of the Advance)

Yes this is a worthwhile mod for all the new car models with electronic throttles, except for the Honda CRZ which comes with an electronic throttle controller standard.

I SiR = Sport injection Racing

Hi guys,

Does it only work for automatic ? I have a manual civic FD VTI