Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    Hey - firstly kudo's for picking up a great car!! Maybe i'm biased cause i own an ek civic hatch but hey, 4.5k for a minty ek . . SICK!

If you're chasing speed without spending a great deal of paper, look for the easy options. When i got mine, i just wanted to match my mates B16a but there was no chance. So whilst i saved and waited for the motor swap i updated a heap of ish that gave the feeling of more speed. Things like an air intake, uber sticky tyres to hang round bends at high speeds, bigger brakes/booster, short shift etc plus to make sure i didn't get bummed with no visual progress i tinted the windows like ctx said too. Also, it may sound weird but polish the balls outta it. Makes a huge visual impact and dust and wind will slide right by, F1 cars do it for speed so it must work

Anyways, hope this helps!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Change factory engine to a B18, you can either get a vtir B18C2 or type r B18C. Then you need the solid egine mounts from hasport, gearbox etc. Otherwise keep it the way it is & add headers/extractors 4-2-1 with custom 2.25" high flow cat exhaust system (twin loop muffler), ebay intakes or maybe you prefer brand name intakes..
    Last edited by HondaTurboVtec; 09-09-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaTurboVtec View Post
    Change factory engine to a B18, you can either get a vtir B18C2 or type r B18C. Then you need the solid egine mounts from hasport, gearbox etc. Otherwise keep it the way it is & add headers/extractors 4-2-1 with custom 2.25" high flow cat exhaust system (twin loop muffler), ebay intakes or maybe you prefer brand name intakes..
    B18 swap? That costs a fair bit of money if I'm not mistaken

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Yes it does cost a lot and you don't need Hasport mounts. Be prepared to spend 5-7 grand on a B18C swap.

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    B18 swap? That costs a fair bit of money if I'm not mistaken
    It sure does, did you want to leave the engine or swap? If you leave it then do the bolt ons I mentioned earlier..
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    It sure does, did you want to leave the engine or swap? If you leave it then do the bolt ons I mentioned earlier..
    It's up to OP, since he said he didn't want to spend too much $$ but wanted performance I would have thought swaps would be out of question.

I saw an b18 on gum tree for $1250

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodzr View Post
    I saw an b18 on gum tree for $1250
    Can you post the link?
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Seems legit, should contact & discuss with him.. Would you be able to afford?...
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Seems legit, should contact & discuss with him.. Would you be able to afford?...
    I would need to buy the mounts and the other things like the ecu ect..

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodzr View Post
    I would need to buy the mounts and the other things like the ecu ect..
    Correct.. Keep us posted..
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!