Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    so your saying that no matter how much ignition timing you take out on low cam(which im assuming is the cam your worried about) that it will ping? can you please explain that, it does not make sense to me.

arent the skunk pro series cam have a larger then standard low cam lobe aswell, which is even more friendly to higher compression?

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    ^ haha yeh mate my thoughts exactly. This is ozhonda mate...
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholzey View Post
    so your saying that no matter how much ignition timing you take out on low cam(which im assuming is the cam your worried about) that it will ping? can you please explain that, it does not make sense to me.

arent the skunk pro series cam have a larger then standard low cam lobe aswell, which is even more friendly to higher compression?
    Why would you want to purposely build a street motor using pistons that will give you a compression ratio too high for regular fuel? You don't know by how much you have to retard the ignition timing, you may have to retard the ignition timing so much that it will make the motor in efficient. Losing power, increasing emissions due to weak combustion and more wear to the cylinder. You are better off with the right compression for the fuel you will be using on a regular basis.
    Last edited by gen2 CRX; 23-09-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    You actually have less compression on high cam due to more valve overlap. Since the intake valve closes later and the piston has risen up the bore slightly more then it does on low cam. I run a 12.5 static comp on my b20v. I use 98 ron and just retard the ignition timing till the ping is no longer exsistant. But i do run colder spark plugs then standard. Brk7e11's i use.
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!