Thread: EK to DC5?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R

EK to DC5?

Hey guys, hope the weekend's coming on fine. I understand that this particular topic 'Transition from EK9 to DC5' has been popping up every now and then, but I'm still very undecided. So would be very much appreciative if members who have transited from an EK9 to DC5 could leave some comments or what the general public feels about this!

My current ride is a EK Replica (originally an EK1) but I had the interior stripped and changed to EK9 interior. Exterior is exactly the same as a Champ White Ek9. Engine wise I've got a JDM B18C, Fujitsubo Catback, Top Fuel Air Intake, RMF headers. Just dyno it on a Apexi PFC brought about 173WHP. Engine internals are all stock. Had this car with me for about half a year? The rawness and the power this engine can harness never fails to make me feel good driving it. Actually in a couple of days I'm gonna dump in a Koyo Radiator because I'm having leaks now on the stock.

HOWEVER. (this is where it gets all sticky confusing draining)

I've always wanted a DC5. 1. It's good as an everyday drive as well as the occasional 1-4x a year at the track. Not saying the EK9 isn't good but I cant count the number of times my heart sank when the roads just got a little rougher. (feels like a plane landing the kind of shake and rattle). 2. Everyone's moving towards the K-engine nowadays because of it's potential. If I DO get a DC5 K20A2 (AUDM Type-R), am I able to harness the rawness and power like what my EK9 had or even more but still sustain as a daily drive? If I do get a DC5, for the near future i.e. next 1-2 years just wanna play with the I/H/E and dyno it. Engine internals requires more savings. 3. The interior of a DC5 is damn neat. Modern as compared to the dated EK interior. 4. I know tons of people who missed an EK9 while on a DC5 and I know people who sings a million praises about their DC5. I don't wanna regret, neither do I wanna rush into it

I've satisfied my boy racer dreams by driving an EK. Now prolly to scale greater heights or just mod the engine internals of my B18C and leave it for track and daily drive.

Any suggestions or positive comments are much appreciated. Thanks people!

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Why not just mix the best of both worlds and K swap you EK?
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I would love to do that of course but considering it's my daily car, i don't want the loss of my A/C as well as PS. Also, it's gonna cost me a bomb to swap engines. I have heard of sites where people kinda re-wire their a/c and ps but it's still not a common sight yet so i don't wanna risk it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    There are plenty of K swapped cars that still run A/C & P/S
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    won't it be very expensive? i mean to piece together a whole k20 and drop it into the bay. a mate just showed me his EP3. pretty neat. but it looks so family car-ish.