Adding Fuse Tap into Accord Euro Fuse Box

Hi,
    Just wondering, will it void the new car warranty if I use a fuse tap on the fuse box under the steering wheel fuse box?

I want to connect my garmin gps directly to it, so i dont have wires hanging everywhere.

I have a accord euro MY13, CU2.

Anybody know which fuses to connect it to, so it will turn on when the car is on?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I have a dashcam wired neatly into my 2005 CL9 but I used these add-a-circuit adapters which seems to be a better way (separate fuse for what you're wiring in). And they remove easily if you're taking it in for service and are worried about warranty. Can't help you with which fuses as I'm sure the CU2 is different. I used a multimeter and found one free spot that's wired as ACC and used the adapter on the cabin light fuse for one that's on constantly. In your case I'd just look at the manual and use an adapter on the fuse for something non-critical & wired as ACC, such as the stereo system.
    Last edited by Softcox; 20-09-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: wrong link lol

Nevermind,
    Just wondering where do people usually hook their ground/negative to on a CU2?
    Last edited by caudex; 20-09-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Fuark. that add-a-fuse is soo fxkin handy!!! Ty. So do u just connect power to it without worrying about earth?
    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SF5124
    Last edited by MR_LATE; 21-09-2012 at 12:58 AM.
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    Fuark. that add-a-fuse is soo fxkin handy!!! Ty. So do u just connect power to it without worrying about earth?
    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SF5124
    Saw that form Jaycar, still need to connect a earth to somewhere. Figured it out though, hook the negative/ground to the car body somewhere would usually do. There is already a point for neutral which i can see that is hooked onto the body.

There is a not used fuses in my fuse box, i will just pull out my multimeter and see which one could be wired to ACC. Manual doesn't really specify what some of the ACC ones are actually for, so don't want to mess with them.
    Last edited by caudex; 21-09-2012 at 08:18 AM.