99 Ek climate control

Ive searched and google it but there isnt a direct answer.

I keep reading to change to the ek9 electric climate control you have to change the heater core but thats all in the 96-98 civic and they say the 99-00 ones are a direct swap. they've all been on the Honda-tech forums and they've all been american. I have a 99 gli hatch but the controls are manual and im not sure if i can just swap the center or do i have to change everything? are the adm and usdm the same? if not then the heater core has to be changed?

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    im guessing its plug and play , dont count on me tho . but theres one thing to keep in mind if you get it usdm the controls will be on the other side , not a biggie but still
    SingleCammerJammer

JDM models got them too

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek hatch b18c7
    Why do that? I bought a ek9 98' and they use the same controls we got.

If that's what you were thinking

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    no i think he wants the twist controls and the big centre to put a touchscreen thingy , i reckon you should buy it from the malasyian models
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by eren View Post
    no i think he wants the twist controls and the big centre to put a touchscreen thingy , i reckon you should buy it from the malasyian models
    Yeah they come on Malaysian EK4 I think. I think OP is asking whether a 99-00 model here, despite having the 96-98 climate control, is a direct swap if you got the double DIN? I think you'd still need to change the heater cores/blower because our climate controls are controlled manually whereas the double DIN are electrically controlled.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek hatch b18c7
    I think op needs to come back and look at his post ! Aha

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Youll need the loom from the jdm blower. Then you can either use the jdm blower or mod your current blower to fit the vents on the new electrical doubledin console.
    team grade A

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    the hardest part would be is paying around 300$ , the rest wont set you back more then 30$ lol
    SingleCammerJammer

Thanks for the replies, wanted a double din to have a dvd player in =\ its not $300, i found one for $225! so i might do this after i sell my r34 lol

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by R34P3R View Post
    Thanks for the replies, wanted a double din to have a dvd player in =\ its not $300, i found one for $225! so i might do this after i sell my r34 lol
    Just the double DIN? Some people sell for cheaper for just the plastic frame but don't include mounting brackets, wiring or the climate controls. (Not sure if wiring is needed though) I think if you're going to replace the heater core too then it'll cost more than $225.

Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    Just the double DIN? Some people sell for cheaper for just the plastic frame but don't include mounting brackets, wiring or the climate controls. (Not sure if wiring is needed though) I think if you're going to replace the heater core too then it'll cost more than $225.
    well i want the digital console to work too. i knew $225 was too good to be true. stupid manual console and core >.>