NEED HELP!! 5th gen gearbox/transmission issues

Ok so I just bought my 98 prelude vtir yesterday....
    Earlier today my car stopped going into first gear, and whenever I'd try it would go into third instead... even though it'd be in first gears position.
    however, if I went down to second gear and THEN first it would be all good, so I wasn't TOO phased.
    Then five minutes later I heard a bit of thud and now all I've got is my third gear. Doesn't go into any other gears and the gear stick moves quite freely now...
    Can anyone tell me what precisely is the issue here and and a recommendation as to where I should go to get it fixed? (As in a place that won't rip me off and will do a good job)

Apparently it's got something to do with shifter cables...
    Can someone please help me out

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    your shifter cable has snapped. you will need a new one, and you should then be all good.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut