Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R

Question DC2R Gearbox issues!

Hey guys new to the forums, always loved the DC2R's and i finally bought one & love it...

Anyway as title states i've got a whinning noise (sounds sort of like straight cut gears) when 5th gear is engaged at any speed. As the speed increases the noise increases and vise versa when i take foot off pedal. Can anyone shed some light on what could be wrong? I was thinking it may be the synchro bearing on the 5th gear? Don't know much about gearboxes though so thought i'd ask here incase any of you guys have encountered the same problem.

Also when it's idling and clutch is not pressed in, i get a sqweaky sound that sounds like a sqweaky power steering belt although when i just slightly touch the clutch pedal (as in untill the free play in the pedal ends) the sound disappears. Does not sound like the input bearing at all so i'm pretty confused as to what it might be.

Sorry about the essay lol, would appreciate any useful inputs :

Does it make the sound when the clutch is pressed in or when the car is in neutral?

Could be the throwout or input shaft bearing ?
    EG

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Does it in neutral and in any gear with my foot off the clutch... Sound disappears when i slightly rest my foot on the clutch pedal until the free-play in the pedal ends... Definitely doesn't sound like an input shaft bearing it sounds just like a belt squeak

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    probably just squeaky pedal
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Does it when I'm not touching the pedal surely can't be a squeaky pedal?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    No one knows what it could be?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Bump! Anyone?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    1st check your gb oil if you have just bought the car give everything a good once over, your "squeek" problem sounds to be the throwout bearing although the sound you described dosnt really happen with them..... well not one that i have encountered anyway.
    so check / replace the gearbox oil with new and see how you go with that first
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Thanks for that bro, i'll see how i go and keep you guys updated soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    had this exact same problem and it ended up being input shaft bearing, has a similar sound to a release bearing, when you put your foot on the clutch the noise goes away
    if it turns out to be the case then either rebuild or find a good 2nd hand box, if you go for the rebuild id recommend MFactory bearings (i think around $600) for the lot and there carbon sincros are fairly cheap especially compared to OEM ones

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    What did it cost u all up bro? I was thinking of rebuilding the gearbox but dunno how much it'll set me back

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLDC2 View Post
    No one knows what it could be?
    the diagpgrahm springs on your clutch are warped causing your thrust bearing to vibrate and squeak
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud