Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cr0wbar View Post
    I did think about using a restoration kit. but looking at how bad the lense looks, I wasn't sure if it'd actually help. But if you guys think it will help somewhat then I'll try it. Thanks for the quick responses.
    IF u put the effort in with one of those restoring kits you can get some amazing results.
    i restored my pretty much completely yellowed jazz headlights with the, just sand with rough for a good while then use the smoother for aslong as you can bear and then use the nano polish stuff (try and buy the brand that advertises that it has nano polish technology)

this is the shit!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    That's great to hear. Makes me feel a little more confident about it haha. By the way, does anybody know what may have caused such damage? It looks pretty bad, but I bought them like this so I didn't cause the damage.
    usually just wear from driving around. Headlights have a thin protective layer over them, eventually it strips back and the sand and daily elements really hit it hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    I see what you mean, thanks for your inputs guys. Today I bought a Turtle Wax restoration kit. It was the only one left at my local super cheap auto so I just got that. I'll sand it for as long as I can and hopefully I see some slight results. I'll post back when I try it out tomorrow.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    dunno if they have malz where u are, but if they do you can get these kits for 30$

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    If the DIY kit doesn't help, hit up Headlights Plus in Moorabbin. Bloke there does great work on restoring headlights.
    This, AMAZING work. Looks brand new when he's done, and it stays brand new for a really long time. Very good job on R34 Xenons.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    Ok guys so this morning (in Melbourne rain) I tried the Turtle Wax Restoration kit. I didn't really expect it to help very much as the sandpaper pads supplied are quite soft. I was expecting something a lot rougher. When comparing the new photo (below) with the old photo (last page) I can't really see much improvement. I can see possibly the cracks are a little less bold, but they're still very much there.

That was only with one hit of the kit. I'm thinking I may either try a different kit or just drop in to Bunnings and do it myself. Considering the response, I may also shoot down to Moorabbin and have a chat to the guys there. It's about a 25 minute drive so it's not too bad. If he's going to ask a lot of money then I may just try DIY again, but if he's reasonable then I'll get it done there.
    It's also worth mentioning that I used the kit on my other headlight which wasn't cracked, just very foggy. It did help quite a bit and cleared it up quite nicely.

Anyway, thanks for all your help guys. I've given +rep to most of you haha. I'll post back next week when I see the headlights guys. Unfortunaly I've postponed uni exam study too much as it is hahaha.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i think foggyness is caused by oxidation so the softer products are able to scratch it just far back enough to rid the yellow.
    but this will take a fair amount of effort to get rid of those scratches. but it is possible. as i said before mine were just as bad. and then i used that product i linked above, since it also comes with some "nana technology agent" it fills in the very small stuff and smooths it over to a very good finish

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Can't tell if it's the plastic that's crazing or is it just to top layer. You have to make that judgement yourself. If the lens is crazing, then I'd go for a new light...or live with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    I may also shoot down to Moorabbin and have a chat to the guys there. It's about a 25 minute drive so it's not too bad. If he's going to ask a lot of money then I may just try DIY again, but if he's reasonable then I'll get it done there.
    I'll let you know, he's expensive, but you seriously do pay for quality. He will take apart the whole headlight, restore everything so its looking brand new, protect it so the finish stays (made for aussie weather, not jap weather), and sealed up 100% properly. You could ask if he could do it cheaper by just touching the lens only, but i'm not too sure. Friend has done it on his R34, had them for over a year now, his headlights are still 100% clear, they look amazing.

$330 for a full restoration for DC integra headlights says the site. I'll be getting my EK9 ones done with the guy later on, as previous owner burnt the lens by chucking HID's in.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    why post 4 pictures of the same vehicle? just to show off the headlights, surely one would of sufficed ahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    why post 4 pictures of the same vehicle? just to show off the headlights, surely one would of sufficed ahaha
    Basic Information
    Age 19
    About GU357
    My car
    B16EG + VTi-GD3
    Interests
    Upgrading, Modding
    Signature
    My B16 EG project thread
    Contact
    This Pagehttp://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?35157-GU357
    Instant Messaging
    Send an Instant Message to GU357 Using...
    MSN itz.jj@hotmail.com
    Statistics
    Total Posts
    gtfkedm8
    Total Posts 1,014
    Posts Per Day 1.84
    Wiki
    Wiki Contributions0
    Last contributed Never
    View all contributions by GU357
    General Information
    Last Activity Today 08:58 PM
    Current Activity Viewing User Control Panel
    Join Date 11-04-2011
    Referrals 0

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ohwell its a nice looking car