Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mothers plastic polish from supercheap or repco.
    Works all the time, no need for sanding.

Even metal polish works as well

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    Thanks again for all the comments guys. They're all very helpful.

@ GU357. Ok cool, if you think it'll help a bit more by filling in some of the cracks then I'll give it a try. I don't mind trying a few different kits, it'll still work out cheaper than new headlights haha.
    EDIT: Wow that stuff's expensive. Looks like it'll cost me at least ~$40.

@ Apu. It's kinda hard to tell. It looks like it's only the top layer but there are so many cracks that it's hard to tell. I'd say there are a few that are further down in to the plastic but I can live with a few.

@ PHO. Thanks for the images, I can see he does do a superb job. I'm not really looking to spend that amount of money though. As nice as it would be to get them fully restored, I can't really afford to spend $300 on restoring them haha. But I may still see them and see what they say about restoring just the single lense or at least improving it a bit. Nice skyline too haha.
    Last edited by Cr0wbar; 13-10-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i tried using polish on mine, and light abbrasive products only good for scratches that arent deep. mine was quite pitted and that 35-40$ kit worked WONDERS!!

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    you need to wet sand the light a lot more, once all the peeling/scratches are gone then you start with the polish.

Edit: found some pics of mine, sorry for the dodgy pics but you can see how damaged my lens was and how it turned out after wet sanding then polishing.

before

after

Last edited by TbM; 14-10-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Pope for ICE Mod.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    @ TbM. Wow looks great. I'll knock my exams off this week and I'll get right on it.

@ GU357. Ok awesome, I'll still give it a shot then. Lets's hope it's worth it haha.

I'll get on this later in the week and post back with some results.