Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Official regulations will be released next Monday.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    where can I find the regulations?
    Jez (URXQSD) does great work with stickers and shirts - 305 vinyls on facebook
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Yes I know Mr. Morris.

Technical Regulations download:

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslljrb/documents/Honda.pdf

Peter

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Looking good Peter, I'm sure people are who interested can appreciate the amount of effort you have gone to for this. Keep it up

Good regs by the looks. Interestingly, Peter, reg 7.2 seems to disqualify your own Vtec Challenge car.

Also, no mention of in-cabin brake bias adjustment. Is it like 3J rules where if it doesn't say you can, then you can't?

Does reg 19.1 mean that you have to retain pivot points also (ie no floor hinged pedal boxes)?

Not in any way criticising - just seeking some clarification on items that would affect me if I were to run in some events (although am QLD based so not sure whether I'd get down that way to run in events)

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    Good regs by the looks.
    Thanks. The reception has been very positive. Now we need people to put up their hands.

Interestingly, Peter, reg 7.2 seems to disqualify your own Vtec Challenge car.
    Because it says OEM for the K24? We'll amend that as necessary. Even if I'm the only competitor!!

Also, no mention of in-cabin brake bias adjustment. Is it like 3J rules where if it doesn't say you can, then you can't?
    Yes, you can have in-cabin brake bias adjustment.

People should seek clarification whenever there is a grey area. These regulations aren't perfect and they'll undergo review. Don't assume you can do stuff because it's not precluded in these regulations. Good point.

Does reg 19.1 mean that you have to retain pivot points also (ie no floor hinged pedal boxes)?
    We would prefer to keep it that way even though technically you could use hinged pedal boxes. Maybe we might add that clarification to the first ADDENDUM.

Not in any way criticising - just seeking some clarification on items that would affect me if I were to run in some events (although am QLD based so not sure whether I'd get down that way to run in events)
    No problem. We'd rather someone criticise - means you've actually read the regulations.

We'd love to have you down when we get off the ground.

Thanks, and thanks Mark.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_b16a View Post
    Because it says OEM for the K24? We'll amend that as necessary. Even if I'm the only competitor!!
    I was referring to this bit:
    K20 series engines are limited to 2021cc. maximum capacity [being STD
    stroke and STD bore plus 0.5mm overbore] in chassis manufactured before
    • K24 series engines are limited to 2400cc maximum capacity in chassis
    manufactured after 2003 - more specifically DC5, EP3. FD1 FD2..
    I take that to mean you can't run a K24 in an EG / EK / DC etc. Is this the intent? It's the only logical way I can interpret it (not that my interpretation is necessarily right). I have a K24 EK, and I'm sure there are a few other K24 powered pre-2003 Hondas out there.

I'd love to come down for some events - sounds like a great, low pressure (ie no sheep stations, and no $300k builds) race series. Just what grass roots motorsport should be about. Kudos for that!!
    Last edited by Hondarally; 23-12-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    I take that to mean you can't run a K24 in an EG / EK / DC etc. Is this the intent? It's the only logical way I can interpret it (not that my interpretation is necessarily right). I have a K24 EK, and I'm sure there are a few other K24 powered pre-2003 Hondas out there.
    I do have a K24 EG and yes you can put a K24 into a pre-2003 car. We will amend that part of the regulation to reflect this.

I'd love to come down for some events - sounds like a great, low pressure (ie no sheep stations, and no $300k builds) race series. Just what grass roots motorsport should be about. Kudos for that!!
    Thanks. Definitely "No Sheepstations"!

Peter

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    UPDATED

Technical Regulations v1.1 download:

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslljrb/documents/Honda11.pdf

Peter

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    UPDATED

Technical Regulations v1.2 download:

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslljrb/documents/Honda12.pdf

Peter

Good tweaks there. I'm sure it will be a work in progress till the little bugs / ambiguities get sorted, but looking good so far.

I like this bit:

18.1 The vehicle ride height will be at least 80mm at race weight
    That helps the low sumped K-swaps out there.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    ... the low sumped K-swaps out there.
    Hell yeah!

Make sure you swap your aluminium sump for a steel one (if you don't already have one)

Peter