Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vti_R

Spoon N1 review and tips

Hey

I was just wondering im been hearing alot of exhaust like apexi n1 buddy club ll on you tube but they sound good by not as clean as a spoon n1 am i was wondering if this exhaust would work fine with on a vti-R stock b pipe or if i would have to get a custom b pipe mad with hi flow cat and what size should i run 2'5 b pipe or does it have to be the same as the exhaust. And this for a street and track car use only and would it increase power aswell.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    id go 60mm for the B pipe . Also some spoon axle backs have bottle necks, some dont. So watch what u get!

^^^, as above.

Do you want noise or power? I wouldn't get a custom b pipe. Number 1, the n1 axle back will bolt to your stock b pipe. And number 2, even if you get a custom b pipe, like JDM DC2R said no matter the piping size you use, it will still have to bottle down to something small to fit the n1 axle back on the end. Be a bit of a waste.

If you want to get a high flow cat and all that jazz, you can either replace your entire system with jdm products, or take it to an exhaust shop and start modifying stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vti_R
    So i shouldnt get a custom b pipe mad with hi flow if im gunna get a n1 should i get the spoon n1 b pipe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I have the sppon n1 catback on my k series... love it!

Is your exhaust system completely stock now?

I don't know if you understand this, but you can't mix and match aftermarket jdm and stock audm products, without modifying something. The only exception to this is the spoon n1 axleback, which bolts to a stock audm dc2r b pipe, so I would assume vti-r b pipe as well.

If you want to get a high flow cat and change your b pipe, I would find a jdm header (cheap if need be), then your jdm/12" high flow cat and your spoon catback will bolt up perfectly, no mods required. If you want to keep your stock headers but use a high flow cat and the spoon catback, you will need to modify either the cat or the b pipe to make it fit. I would mod the cat.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vti_R
    yea pretty much man i was looking at buying a spoon n1 axle back first then get a custom b pipe maid or genuine spoon b pipe which is expensive

REckless do u notice the power it makes when installing catback system

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    How much would a custom b pipe would cost?
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    If you want a power increase, look at other alternatives other than a Spoon n1/Spoon bpipe.
    If you want a noise increase, go for it.

The weakest link is the Spoon design. Both axleback and bpipe bottleneck.

If you want a performance increase as well as noise, look at something that doesn't bottleneck like how the Spoon setup does.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vti_R
    Ohk no worries which other exhaust should i look at i want something that sounds nice when i hit vtec
    Other people would say looking into xforce cannon or twinloop but im not sure if x force is good

Quote Originally Posted by sammutn90 View Post
    Ohk no worries which other exhaust should i look at i want something that sounds nice when i hit vtec
    Other people would say looking into xforce cannon or twinloop but im not sure if x force is good
    xforce twin loop sounds good
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vti_R
    Has anyone had xforce twinloop or cannon and maid increase of power with a catback system