Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Moderator - here to help Array

Super clean and super sleek DC2R owned by a moderator - infurNOS

It's been a bloody long time since I've done a feature ride article but here's another one.
    This time one of our very own moderators is being interviewed on his super clean DC2R. Daniel aka infurNOS has kindly offered his time to be interviewed...

Hi Daniel, thanks for making the effort to revive the feature ride sub-forum. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
    In a serious relationship (not with my car :P) and work in the IT industry. I like anything fast, computer games (PC and Xbox), keeping fit and eating right when ever I am in the right phase. I give credit where credit is due. I'm Italian so i like my food, but can't really cook much, which when I tell people they can't believe since the rest of my family members have some kind of cooking background. I pretty much get along with everyone as long as they are not up themselves or liars. I'm also working on a property portfolio which is coming along pretty slowly but at least I have started! If you were to ask my friends to describe me they would say something along the lines of being a cool, laid back geek. :P
    Pretty much all I can think of!

You've only recently been made a moderator; how did this come about and what made you decide to become one?
    I am a perfectionist at times, and going through the forums seeing so much bickle, threads in the wrong places and wrong titles etc I just wanted to do something about it to tidy it all up. So I asked Wyn if he needed any help, which he did and after a trial run I was made moderator.

How do you like being a moderator so far?
    I do like being a moderator, I like having authority!

How did you find out about OH?
    I was referred to this site just before I bought my first Honda. Browsed it for a fair bit and realised the wealth of knowledge it has and signed up immediately! The money I have saved from DIY articles and diagnosing problems because of this forum has been amazing!

So this is your first car?
    4th car! First was a VL Calais, 2nd was an EG Civic - project car for 5 years and was responsible for me falling in love with Honda's in the first place , and my 3rd was a Milano Red ITR!

Wow, interesting. Your 3rd car was an ITR and your current car is also one; why didn’t you buy a different Honda? What’s the appeal with ITRs?
    My first ITR was bought out of impulse but decided to get rid of it as I wanted to get one in a bit better condition, with low km's and in yellow.
    I always loved the look of the DC2R's and when I saw the BMI video of the ITR legend, watching YouTube clips and reading articles by some of the biggest automotive journalists proclaiming it to be the best FWD car of all time, I decided to test drive a few and instantly fell in love with its rawness, the VTEC motor, short ratio box and of course it’s amazing handling!

Love at first sight.. Daniel can you tell the members what mods you've done to your car?
    I purchased the car AS IS, so technically I haven’t done any mods :P
    The mods anyways are:
    Fujitsubu Power Getter cat back exhaust;
    16" HRV rims powder coated black;
    4-2-1 Header (not sure of brand);
    Comptech Icebox;
    Tein Super Street coil overs;
    Whiteline rear sway bar;
    Carbon Fibre C-Pillar bar.
    I would have done similar mods anyways if not already applied.

What other plans do you have for the car?
    It changes every day! A few months ago I bought a 4-1 Header and ECU ready to tune with Hondata S300 but for some reason I didn’t decide to go through with it, so I sold the parts off. I have been thinking of getting some white JDM 16" ITR rims because I think white with the yellow will look better than the black and yellow it is currently. And for a moment the idea of going turbo felt very appealing. I’ll take the days as the come and decide what I want to do then!

What do you describe your car as?
    An enthusiasts dream!
    Unique (in South Australia anyways)
    My pride and joy!

will you be planning to take your car to the track or will it be purely street driven?
    I would like to but I won't. I'm too scared that if something happened to it I would have ruined and wasted a perfectly good example of a car that is already hard to find well treated. It will stay my daily street machine.

Due to some of my personal matters I had to stop the interview for almost 2 months but since Daniel gave up his time for me, I have to finish for him now.

It's been 2 months since I last spoke to you about your ride, has anything changed about it?

Funny you ask that, I’m pretty sure I mentioned that I wanted to get some white JDM ITR rims, which I ended up doing and here is a pic of what it looked like (see below) but I didn't end up keeping them and sold them as I preferred look of my black rims. (The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice!) Gives the car such a sleek and mean look!

Daniel, what tips can you give to other OzHonda members about car maintenance?
    No matter what car, do it on time, every time and do not miss one as you will just fall into that mentality and before you know it, the car hasn’t been serviced in 20,000km! If you are confident, do oil and filter changes every 5,000km like myself to save some cash and get a mechanic to look at it every 10,000km.
    So many people I know with cars who neglect the service and they wonder why it is dying prematurely. Also use OEM parts or parts that are to OEM specifications. This way you know the car is running fresh fluids all the time, knowing you are doing the best for your engine and is also good for re-sale if it is all documented! i.e. keeping your receipts!

OK going back to what you said earlier about your VL Calais, it has me bemused; what convinced you to get a Honda civic after owning a VL Calais?
    I wanted something reliable, smaller, cheaper to run, newer but most of all, and with sportier potential, an upgrade basically!

Any last words for the OH community?
    Leave racing for the track, not the roads!

Daniel also wanted a special mention to YOanthony for taking the photos of Daniel's pride and joy. Nice pictures Anthony!

If anyone else would like to have their car featured, please contact me via PM.
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Nice example of a R

Member Array
    Car:
    K24 EG
    Looks so clean, just by looking at it you can tell the owner takes care of it like it should.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    Excellent interview and a beautiful, well maintained car!
    Good job Daniel!

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Hella clean
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    bootiul,

Looks great infurnob!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    very nice car

naice car bro

a very nice example. Going to get my white dc2r a nice make over!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK1
    dem yellow recaros!!! fap fap fap fap

Great pics
    and good location for the pics as well

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Awesome photo work Antho
    And sweet ride Daniel
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum