Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_Striker View Post
    What Bennjamin has suggested is probably the best thing to do as long as you get new/decent tyres as said above. EK9 RSB was the best mod I ever did to my ek1 for sure. And tyres are just a given, but there is no point upgrading suspension when your running on old rubber that can't handle it
    dont forget a full front and rear alignment once everythings installed

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    take a 19 and breaker bar and tighten up your subframe i find so many loose stops ur alighnment settings shifting
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamjoeldavis View Post
    Currently saving up for yokohamas because their tyres are better than toyos (dont agrue cause i has proof!) haha!
    would you like to share?

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    a supercharger where you place it inside your intake piping

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    haha cheers for this guys, i am on a budget, thats why i have shit tyres. But in the future will include front and rear swaybars since its a CXi Ek1, Subframe/ ASR, bushes, heaps of suspenison bits, then I move onto the breaks then the engine.

My proof which may not be big but i have seen it. At Mallala Raceway (near Adelaide) my dads mate races historics in his XU1 Torana gtr (full on group N i believe) and he always uses Toyos, then one day he was short on money and decided to buy second hand Yokohama tyres that were used from the Clipsal 500, and in that day, he made a whole second from them in his first round, second round he made another .3 so basically he made 1.3 seconds with Yokohamas instead if Toyos. Nothing was improved, all he did was the tyres and thats it. It maybe a softer compound than the Toyos but Yokohamas can last as much as toyos or longer, no less unless drifting and burnouts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    R888 vs A048/A050 is a no brainer. Yes the Yokohama is a faster tyre but for bang for buck, the R888 is hard to go past. Same scenario when it comes to street tyres. Toyo comes out as best bang for buck option.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    haha cheers for this guys, i am on a budget, thats why i have shit tyres. But in the future will include front and rear swaybars since its a CXi Ek1, Subframe/ ASR, bushes, heaps of suspenison bits, then I move onto the breaks then the engine.
    this is annoying me, makes me think you mean the company "breaks", when i think you mean BRAKES right?

Cheap modification to go faster D16Y8?

Lame interior trimming optional...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    this is annoying me, makes me think you mean the company "breaks", when i think you mean BRAKES right?
    Bloody hell autocorrect. haha yes I did mean Brakes! unless it breaks, then its breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Cheap modification to go faster D16Y8?

Lame interior trimming optional...
    OHHHH!!!!! I have Nos Bottles pillows at home, they could work :P

take a dump and loose some weight

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Currently saving up for yokohamas because their tyres are better than toyos (dont agrue cause i has proof!) haha!
    Bit of a bold statement.. Depends what you're comparing. I used to run 205 Toyo R1R's for a long time and compared to a friend who ran AD08's at the track our grip levels with very similar setups were very much on par. I then upgraded to 205 R888's and later on went on to 225 AO48 (Mediums) and grip level remained almost identical between those semi's even though I stepped up in size.

For a bang for your buck performance street tyre, R1R is one of the best from my personal experience, but since you have proof you should go spend double n get the Advans.
    Last edited by Tegzieboi_BAR; 10-12-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i heard the A048 we get in australia uses hard compound.
    so you dont get as much grip.

how many sec do you lose on the track switching from R1R to R888?

Quote Originally Posted by Tegzieboi_BAR View Post
    Bit of a bold statement.. Depends what you're comparing. I used to run 205 Toyo R1R's for a long time and compared to a friend who ran AD08's at the track our grip levels with very similar setups were very much on par. I then upgraded to 205 R888's and later on went on to 225 AO48 (Mediums) and grip level remained almost identical between those semi's even though I stepped up in size.

For a bang for your buck performance street tyre, R1R is one of the best from my personal experience, but since you have proof you should go spend double n get the Advans.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....