Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC4 Integra

Noob with mods, need some help!

So I have a Auto '95 GSi Integra and I'm looking to add some stuff to give it that little bit extra 'ummmff
    I saw a thread earlier about a Hi Flow Cat (No idea what that is or where it goes)
    and I've come across a few
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-25-100-...item3cc84ff8bf
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-25-200-...item3cc8500a70
    Whats the difference between the 100 and 200?

With the Headers, how much will they cost and are they easy to install?
    Drop some brand names too! first time modder and need, well a lot of help :P

Prices would be good too!

Also Considering buying a Type R spoiler and was wandering if it will fit in the same holes as the gsi spoiler.

Thanks Andrew
    Last edited by Andreww221; 18-10-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    read
    read
    search next time.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9,DA3,EG,DA9
    the number relates to the number of cells in the cat. the higher the number the more cells, the better job it does at reducing pollution but also more cells means more restriction. a high flow cat isn't (by itself) a power gaining mod. in a factory exhaust system there are generally other areas of more restriction. (crazy big mufflers, crap bends or restrictive exhaust manifold) before bothering with a high flow cat, you should look into extractors and a decent cat back setup. then adding a high flow cat will compliment these other mods and help your exhaust flow to it full potential. (also note that your engine only needs to get rid of exhaust gasses relative to the amount of air/fuel it receives, therefore to get the full benefit of an upgraded exhaust, you should also look into improving your intake)

as for spoiler im not too sure, id imagine it wouldnt be much different mounting wise, but one of the other guys will be able to clear that up im sure.

hope this helped.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC4 Integra
    http://imgur.com/zMdMP
    Heres a pic Pre mod
    Cool cheers guys! hopefully I'll update with progress within the next month or 2
    Last edited by Andreww221; 18-10-2012 at 09:26 AM.

auto, dont bother

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    A highflow cat on a standard engine with a standard exhaust is going to be an apsolutely pointless waste of money.

And modding an auto for power is also going to be a waste of money.

Can you drive manual? If so, sell the auto, buy a manual.

If not, learn how to drive a manual, then sell the auto, and buy a manual.

If you dont want to learn, then forget about making power, and dont even worry about making it handle.

Just lower it and put on a set of wheels, and then leave it.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Heed the advice given.

Don't mod an auto. Especially a gsi.

Highly recommend against all the mods you've suggested especially the type rice spoiler
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 DC4 Integra
    already lowered, an still buying the Type R spoiler.
    Thanks though guys, its a shame I don't have $15k

i think the gsi has an extra boot hole in it for the brake light wiring of the gsi spoiler. But other than that the 4 holes for the dc2r spoiler should fit might need to be forced in a bit.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Leave it stock. Its a GSI, and auto. Unless you going to drop a K20, or k24 frank. Leave it stock! and buy a other car down the track! Dont make a gsi look like a Type R. Its a good way to get laughed at. As there is heaps of ways of telling. And also having the looks and no go is the biggest joke of all!
    Last edited by JDM DC2R; 18-10-2012 at 04:40 PM.

i dont see any harm in putting a type r spoiler on the gsi, i really like the look of it. It only turns into a joke when you put the badges and stickers on...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreww221 View Post
    http://imgur.com/zMdMP
    Heres a pic Pre mod
    Cool cheers guys! hopefully I'll update with progress within the next month or 2
    I'm sure you're eager to mod a car (and it seems like this is your first), but this topic gets made all the time, and the advice is always the same. The fact is that there's almost zero benefit to be gained from modifying an auto GSi. If it were a manual, a turbo would be a possibility, but the auto provides absolutely no performance potential whatsoever. Almost anything you do will be a waste of money.

On the plus side, you have a nice, clean example, with good paint and a nice set of fat fives. Appreciate it for what it is, and forget about performance. Otherwise, the best performance upgrade you can make is to sell it, and buy a Vti-R.