Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

suspension noise

hey guys, a friend and i have been trying to work out this suspension noise. the guys at goodyear who did my alignment said its a very unusual noise.

i spent the day yesterday stripping the rear plastics, spare wheel, rear sway bar and going for test drive and it still makes the noise.

i have changed from oem shocks to brand new coilovers in which the noise was still apparent before and after coilovers

it only happens when i turn and sometimes when i go over smooth ditches on the road

anyone have any ideas?? its a dc2r by the way

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    what type of noise?

click?

Clunk?

gosh

Well its not your suspension....

Next up look at worn tierod ends , swaybar endlinks or suspension control arm bushes. All , when worn or broken can give the "sound" over bumps or turning that you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by CRXDEL501 View Post
    what type of noise?

click?

Clunk?
    its a very faint click

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    gosh

Well its not your suspension....

Next up look at worn tierod ends , swaybar endlinks or suspension control arm bushes. All , when worn or broken can give the "sound" over bumps or turning that you describe.
    i'll have a look at tierod ends later. what are the signs of wear?? definately not my sway bar or end link because i took the sway bar out and took for a drive..

i got in the back (me being 80kg) jumped to reproduce the noise with no luck when the car's parked..

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I would take it to your local mechanic and get him to inspect it. You will never get an answer to a situation like this thru the forum, as everybody interprets noises ever so slightly different
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

just wanan play the elimination process before i spend big, when i dont have to..

Well unless you can get sound, vids, photos, etc

We can only half guess against your description of the issue so...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    I have the exact same problem, been 5months and hav no idea what it could be
    snapping 2nd..

it sounds like a loose nut is just hitting up against metal. i notice that the noise only happens when i turn the wheel back and upon the car leveling as it straightens up, it makes the sound. whatever i'll jst get mechs to deal with it lols

i'm in brisbane lols
    Last edited by 202690; 20-10-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    fk it road trip lmao loosen all your bolts drive the car back and forwards then tighten it while its on the ground or a mechanic can do it on a 4 post hoist
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud