Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

[CL9] Accord Euro. What Now?

Hello Everyone, As you may notice I am new here, and I just bought my first car, honda accord euro. I don't know much about the modding of cars and rims sizes and offsets and everything, I have done as much research as I could before posting here. (no Google is your friend comments please)
    But still have a few unanswered questions.

Car info:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Luxury Model
    Auto
    Color Red

Pic:

First of all I plan to do some modding performance and visual wise. Where do I start?
    This is list I came up with the research I have done (so far).

The only thing I am pretty sure I don't want to do is lower it, unless you can convince me why I should scrap my front bumped every time I go over a speed bump, its not gonna happen.

Most important to least:
    1. Rims, I really like the black TE37 or BBS LMS, But I know nothing of what size offset to get and where to get them for a reasonable price. What is the Best Size Offset and Tyre Size for a non-lowered euro?

2. Sound System, I was think along the lines of Double Din Head Deck Alpine Type R front speakers, Type S Sub, IDK about AMPS any opinions and I noticed there is no space for Double Din Head Deck Where the Current Radio is but you can buy a fascia that goes in the glove box below the current radio, where can I buy that fascia? I seen a few people say you can buy one from honda, how much is it?

3. Cold Air Intake. (Is it even worth it?)
    I have had a bit of a look but there isn't many I could find (Probly looking in the wrong place), What is the best cold air intake out there, for a reasonable price, and where can I buy it.

4. Exhaust, I have noticed that almost everyone says get a cat back exhaust like the Skunk2 but apparently its loud and you have a performance loss if you put silencers in. I am looking for an exhaust that has good performance gains and a nice sound, I don't wanna blow my ear drums off every time I take off. Where is the Cheapest and Best Place to buy an exhaust like this?

Ok, well that was a long and boring read, anyway thanks for your time and hope you can help!

hey welcome mate and congratulations on the euro !!!

1. i'm not sure if rims would look good without the proper fitment and on a non lowered car it'll look pretty bad imo, which is why i'd just recommend sticking with the stockies if you're not interested in lowering the car! (stockies imo are nice). Offset is pretty much how much the rims stick out of the base (lowernumber, the outer, highernumber, the inner). There really isnt a best size offset or tyre size because its completely up to you whether you want to run poke or tuck etc, If you like the concave look go for a lower offset number (not too low or else it'll poke out of the guards too much and you'll be defected)
    3. Alot of people would say to just buy the injen CAI which is priced reasonable which is what you're looking for! i'm not sure where to buy!
    4. My friend has a skunk2 and imo its alright but it is loud! it costed him about 1.2k from heeltoeauto.com which was the most cheapest/fastest delivery time available so you should definetly check that place out when you have time!

imo lowering a car is great, fitment makes or breaks a car and it also improves handling if done properly, it really depends on you whether you wanna run aggresive or not and there are ways to avoid scratching the bumper etc (crabwalking humps, rolling guards etc but obviously these only help but not eliminate the situation)

happy modding

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I would keep the standard Honda alloy wheels,they suit the car perfectly as are such a good design,and look WAY better than the cheap looking all Black ones.
    Dont spoil your car,its so good looking.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Nice looking Euro buddy!
    Keep the stockies they look good!
    The CAI, go for K&N typhoon kit as it provides the most gain (tested on the CL9) and having this will give the Euro a bit more of a sound.

However before you start modding or doing anything to your car, think about which way you wish to go down...performance or looks...

Goodluck

Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    Nice milano red.
    Best mod from my experience is to get the best tire.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, if you don't want to lower it, don't get new RIMs, especially since the OEM RIMs are designed to look bigger than they are. When you put aftermarket 17"'s on, which are the same size as you have now, you'll find they look too small, yet when you put 18" or bigger, due to the shrink in tyre sidewall, the gap between the tyre and guard will standout making it look like a 4WD.

The sound system is up to you. One first step could be to put some dynamat in, as that'll improve your sound as well.

CAI will improve performance, although it depends on how you drive. If your not the type to gun it all the time, and don't want a loud induction, consider the CompTech Icebox.

Exhaust wise, the stock CL9 exhaust isn't really restricted from the cat back, as the 2 resonators don't really do much, so there's no real point in getting a full CATBACK. If you want power, get headers and a less restrictive cat, being 06 FL version, it has the less restrictive 400 cell CAT stocked (vs 900 on the pre-facelift). You can get Hi-Flow CATS with 100 cell upwards, I would consider a 170 or 250 cell though. Incase you want to do the whole thing, Fujitsubo Legalis R or HKS Silent Hi-Power would prob be the quieter choices. You'll find a thread with youtube vids of CL9 somewhere in this section, it'll give you a rough idea of how they sound.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by CalebEuro View Post
    3. Cold Air Intake. (Is it even worth it?)
    I have had a bit of a look but there isn't many I could find (Probly looking in the wrong place), What is the best cold air intake out there, for a reasonable price, and where can I buy it.
    Depends
    Injen is the default choice here cause everyone screams "INJEN" even though it's proven to NOT been the best intake.

For automatic CT icebox produces the best lower end torque, else the K&N Typhoon is tested to have the most power output (somthing like 12hp at the wheels)

As far as intake power outpout is concerned K&N > CT Icebox > Injen.

4. Exhaust, I have noticed that almost everyone says get a cat back exhaust like the Skunk2 but apparently its loud and you have a performance loss if you put silencers in. I am looking for an exhaust that has good performance gains and a nice sound, I don't wanna blow my ear drums off every time I take off. Where is the Cheapest and Best Place to buy an exhaust like this?
    Not everyone want skunk2, just a selected few on here.

You are not going to make much power out of the exhaust unless you go for a extra loud race system (like a boarderline straightpipe.), because the Euro's exhaust is very free flow already.

The extractor/header on the other hand, is something you could look at modding.

I made a CL9 exhaust sound thread a while back, have a poke around and see if you could find it.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

1. wheels on stock height looks chat. aftermarket wheels on euros look chat anyway unless sw baby. keep the stock lux 17s, look nice

2. can add a screen down the bottom in the flippy thing but since you don't want to spend a lot, just upgrade speakers, add sub and power with a good amp. leave the headunit stock and if you want ipod connectivity get xcarlink or similar

3. its auto

4. its auto

intake and exhaust sound like absolute ass on autos, think commodore tryin to snap necks. would put the cash elsewhere where you'll actually feel a difference like a rear sway bar, front strut bar, coilovers etc
    Last edited by charliebrown; 25-10-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    1. wheels on stock height looks chat. aftermarket wheels on euros look chat anyway unless sw baby. keep the stock lux 17s, look nice

2. can add a screen down the bottom in the flippy thing but since you don't want to spend a lot, just upgrade speakers, add sub and power with a good amp. leave the headunit stock and if you want ipod connectivity get xcarlink or similar

3. its auto

4. its auto

intake and exhaust sound like absolute ass on autos, think commodore tryin to snap necks. would put the cash elsewhere where you'll actually feel a difference like a rear sway bar, front strut bar, coilovers etc
    WOW.....Best advice that you will receive....... full stop!

I have been around cars for a long time and some are worth modding for performance etc and others are not. I now have a 07 Euro and a little suspension work for handeling will make you enjoy 'driving' a little more. If you are chasing performance then mabey chase another car to throw your money at, and once you start... you always want a bit more and a bit more.

Dont get me wrong... the euro is a nice car... I enjoy driving it and its certainly cheaper on fuel than my past STi's, XT's, HSV's etc....... but it will never be a street weapon.... which is fine... as I have nothing to prove.

My sugestion..... suspension. Get to know what makes a difference, how things work, subtle changes can really add to your 'feel' in your car.

Either way, enjoy.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks Everyone for the advice.
    I do really like the stockies on, but they still just don't give me the look I want, so I will consider lowering the car only if it's required to get a decent look, what coilovers should I get, and where can I get them from?
    From my friends and research I have done I think I will buy the K&N Typhoon, what size should I get I took a look on the website and there is loads of size, not which one is the correct one for the car and max HP increase. Also where can I buy one from in aus?

I personally love the TE37's myself and want to get it for my car too, but if you get rims you must lower your car or else you look like a fool. For a decent look nothing over the top you can get some 18"x8 with an offset of +35 will look good. Might need to roll guards depending how low your car goes.

Tein Super Street decent quality and lowers your car just enough, unless your going for a fully sick look then you need to go other brands or monoflex.

I understand you want performance increase and minimal noise on the exhaust, but unfortunately that's not how exhaust works. However, the exhaust on the euro is good enough, even changing your exhaust to a skunk2 your power increase is not noticeable. Get some Toda headers if you really want power increase that you can feel.

if you have the budget i'll recommend the buddyclub n+, got some really good reviews on it and people recommend it! heeltoeauto.com is your answer 1.4k shipped