Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro

Unhappy fuel tank damage

hi guys, i was jacking the rear of my euro and the jack slipped and the car landed on the jack!!! ive dinted the fuel tank, and after driving the car i noticed fuel gauge was decreasing alot quicker than normal which made me real nervous...im so stupid what can i do to fix this situation ive put myself in? im assuming ive hit the fuel tank sensor? should i replace the fuel tank? thnx in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Maybe make sure you havent pierced the fuel tank?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    ther doesnt seem to be any leaks.. ill have another look but

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The plastic at the rear underneath the car is the diffuser. It is not the fuel tank. Remove the diffuser (2 bolts and some clips if I remember) and inspect for further damage. You don't need to jack the rear up to do this, just reach in and undo the diffuser.

If you have a leak, you will smell it. It will be very obvious. The fuel tank level sensor is designed to hang off the TOP of the fuel tank and it has a metal lever arm which floats in the petrol. To damage it, you need to pierce into the fuel tank and bend the arm/damage the sensor in the lever. If you managed to do that, you would have petrol gushing out of your tank and all 65 L would be on the floor in a matter of minutes!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    oh really? awesome thnx aaronng ill hve a look at that.. i thought it was fuel tank.. so why is it that my fu gauge is declining alot quicker than normal? i put in 30dollars worth of premium this afternoon and the gauge read only 115km left when its usually mre thn that.. and within less than an hrs worth of driving it was down to 93 already.. im confused and concerned as to what the cause is.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rap-Rap View Post
    oh really? awesome thnx aaronng ill hve a look at that.. i thought it was fuel tank.. so why is it that my fu gauge is declining alot quicker than normal? i put in 30dollars worth of premium this afternoon and the gauge read only 115km left when its usually mre thn that.. and within less than an hrs worth of driving it was down to 93 already.. im confused and concerned as to what the cause is.
    The fuel gauge is not linear, hence the fuel consumption meter calculation can get tricked. Just fill the car to full (pump stops pumping) and then you should be able to read a more accurate range. Other reason is $30 now buys you less petrol than the last time you filled.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    aaah okay aaronng, appreciate the help.. does having coilovers and the car lowered have any affect on the fuel consumption and why the gauge may be winding down alot quicker? because the reason why i was jacking the rear of my car up in the first place was because of the coilover install. i was just thinkin about it then and thought id ask you. so what does the diffuser do? im gonna have to jack the rear to see the diffuser as the car is low now.