Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    NSX52K

srs light delete

Hey guys recently I installed an aftermarket steering wheel on my S2K and was wondering if anybody knew how to turn off the srs light with the resistor placement or has a plug and play kit. I think I'm doing the srs reset procedure correctly however the resistor placement might be wrong. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

did you get a boss kit? If not, consider a Works bell boss kit as it comes with the SRS delete resistor.

Or you can just buy a resister & bypass the SRS
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    I know you've probably heard it before, or know the legalities regarding it, but i just want to reiterate the fact that by removing the Airbag steering wheel, if you have a crash all of your insurance will be null and void, and not just for you, but your 3rd party insurance as well, which means you will be liable for the cost of all personal injury to another person.

I'm sure the last thing you want is to be paying somebodies hospital bills for the rest of your life after they get a back injury.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I'd measure the resistance of the airbag and get a resistor to suit and plug into the wiring

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by RIHIA View Post
    I'd measure the resistance of the airbag and get a resistor to suit and plug into the wiring

and then you get a face full of airbag

Will the airbags still deploy in the event of a collision?
    I also have the srs lights up after getting my soft top installed, I think it was from when they took out the seats?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    I know you've probably heard it before, or know the legalities regarding it, but i just want to reiterate the fact that by removing the Airbag steering wheel, if you have a crash all of your insurance will be null and void, and not just for you, but your 3rd party insurance as well, which means you will be liable for the cost of all personal injury to another person.

I'm sure the last thing you want is to be paying somebodies hospital bills for the rest of your life after they get a back injury.
    ^^ This.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by s2krazie View Post
    Will the airbags still deploy in the event of a collision?
    I also have the srs lights up after getting my soft top installed, I think it was from when they took out the seats?
    Check that they plugged in the seat... There should be a plug for the seat belt lock

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    and then you get a face full of airbag
    How so... He has removed it !

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you tell me what result you will get when you probe a Honda Airbag with a multi meter. I will assume a cheep one as well. Not assuming it blows in your face, what would you see on the meter ?

do you know exactly how the inflator works and what safety protection is built into it to prevent accidental inflation ?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    You're probably better off buying a bunch of resistors and testing them one by one rather than shoving a multimeter in there. i can't remember the exact details of the resistor, ill edit this post when i find out what it is.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS ROCK FAKESH*T

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Rihia; I wouldn't go up against ECU-MAN and electrical components if I were you.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend