Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH

99 EK aftermarket front bumper, will it suit EK1 98?

99 EK hatch aftermarket front bumper, will it suit EK1 98 hatch?

If not, what adjustments is needed to get it fitted? I found a bargain unused bodykit and i can look at it this weekend.

I know the answer that it wont fit but not 100% sure with aftermarket body kit haha

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Wait.. a 99 EK Sedan to suit a 98 EK Hatch.... Ok dont worry about this thread :/

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    simple answer no, ur putting a facelift bar on prefacelift wont work

If u plan on goin facelift u will need whole front end off a 99 - 00, quater panels, bumper, grill, lights, an slight mod of radiator support (some one confirm it?) an obvious front bumper
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Yep what mugen_ctr said, you have to do what i done and change the complete front end. And mugen_ctr you dont have to mod the rad support i mean what i done is where the bumper holes line up to the rad support, i cut a 1-2cm line on the bumper and it slided through the rad support perfectly, and when you put the grill on it covers that cut so it looks like you havent done any mods

But yeah if you plan on doing facelift conversion you either go with all replica or all oem. Having both replica and oem will look bad and fitment will be bad. You either be patient and wait for oem parts from ozhonda or wreckers or you can get all replica parts from wreckers which will set you back a total of somewhere between 400-600 (depending on how much they charge you). Dont forget to consider respraying it too, it'll be an extra $800-$1.3k ontop or if you wanna diy it, it'll be slightly less.

Or an alternative is to get the BYS front bumper or CWest body kit, the 96-98 ones look the same as the 99-00 ones

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Yeah I understand I have to replace all that for a face lift, just checking if the aftermarket bodykit has some kind of univerisal thing thats all haha.

And I am going for bodykit but maybe leaving my Civic 'duck' spoiler at the top of the hatch just to make it look a little more 'smoother' haha. I may even change colour but I want a really different colour, not just red, white, yellow or blue, something more like..... gold maybe? haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamjoeldavis View Post
    Yeah I understand I have to replace all that for a face lift, just checking if the aftermarket bodykit has some kind of univerisal thing thats all haha.

And I am going for bodykit but maybe leaving my Civic 'duck' spoiler at the top of the hatch just to make it look a little more 'smoother' haha. I may even change colour but I want a really different colour, not just red, white, yellow or blue, something more like..... gold maybe? haha
    Try Cwest bodykit, it looks pretty good, it the closest thing to a facelift ek without going for the complete conversion. The Cwest design is the same just has one for 96-98 and 99-00. Or maybe try Mugen bodykit.
    Gold? well its up to you and depends on how much money you got hahaha, money is everything now a days.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    so now its gonna be a B swapped, retro facelifted, ek1.

sounds easier to just buy a ek4 from those years, rather then screw around making a copy.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Reinforcement bar might is different i'm sure ( Correct me if i'm wrong )
    Advise, do not remove just to fit the bar.
    It will instantly write off your car if you crash, maybe kill you.
    + It acts as a suspension component.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    no

The following errors occurred with your submission
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

~King Of Spam~