Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R

Engine oil for an Integra VTi-R?

Hi all, bought a vtec Integra 2 days ago, so I'm buying engine oil today. Can anyone tell me what the best engine oil for it is? B18C2 engine.

How's many kms has it done?

summers coming up, im guessing your cars done over 100,000km's. Get some 10w-30 or 10w-40.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    In my dc2r ~150k;

I have used penrite sin 5w-60, nulon full synthetic 10w-40 and now running penrite ten tenths racing full synthetic 10w-40...

Nulon made the most engine noise, the sin 5 burnt a bit quicker than the others, but the new ten tenths racing has been fantastic so far (~8000km's, changed twice)

It is always gold (shear free) and hasn't burnt at all with street driving/occasional vtec

At the end of the day have a look around, read reviews and test a few in your own car to see which one you like

But stick with Honda mtf hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by TGW92 View Post
    In my dc2r ~150k;

I have used penrite sin 5w-60, nulon full synthetic 10w-40 and now running penrite ten tenths racing full synthetic 10w-40...

Nulon made the most engine noise, the sin 5 burnt a bit quicker than the others, but the new ten tenths racing has been fantastic so far (~8000km's, changed twice)

It is always gold (shear free) and hasn't burnt at all with street driving/occasional vtec

At the end of the day have a look around, read reviews and test a few in your own car to see which one you like

But stick with Honda mtf hahaha

I run 5-30.. No oil consuption At 155g km and its what Honda recommends!

The crv get 10-30

Also 5-60 is way to thick, And i would never run a racing oil!! Unless your racing it full time. And changing fluid after every drive!!! Doesnt have all the aditives need for a daily drive!!!!!
    Last edited by JDM DC2R; 01-11-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    I run 5-30.. No oil consuption At 155g km and its what Honda recommends!

The crv get 10-30

Also 5-60 is way to thick, And i would never run a racing oil!! Unless your racing it full time. And changing fluid after every drive!!! Doesnt have all the aditives need for a daily drive!!!!!
    As the car gets to higher km's though 5w-30 is going to be too thin...

I don't see how the racing oil is missing anything? Have a look here;

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/engineo...d_products=277

It's full zinc, shear free, latest API rating (SN)....

Comparing it to penrite's "everyday" 10w-40 it is very similar in viscosity at both 40 and 100 degrees C, and has an identical amount of zinc...

The only difference they advertise between the "everyday" range and the "racing" range is that it is shear free (won't lose viscosity).....

So I don't know what it is missing? Maybe you can help.......

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by TGW92 View Post
    As the car gets to higher km's though 5w-30 is going to be too thin...

I don't see how the racing oil is missing anything? Have a look here;

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/engineo...d_products=277

It's full zinc, shear free, latest API rating (SN)....

Comparing it to penrite's "everyday" 10w-40 it is very similar in viscosity at both 40 and 100 degrees C, and has an identical amount of zinc...

The only difference they advertise between the "everyday" range and the "racing" range is that it is shear free (won't lose viscosity).....

So I don't know what it is missing? Maybe you can help.......
    You go thinker if the cars consuming . And thicker oil can drop oil temps a little, also handle higher temps more. I find 5-30 holds a constant 15 psi at idle when hot. Never goes above 90 degrees in day to day driving condition, including traffic.

5-60 be abit over board. 10-40 would be fine. just no in freezing condition

ive read that Racing oil doesn't include all additives needed for day to day use. Being constant cold starts, Long oil use extra
    Last edited by JDM DC2R; 01-11-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: added stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EKVTIR-T again

I heard you can use honda oil :