Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamjoeldavis View Post
    haha i meant the vitara pistons , aftermarket cam's but i think i got a fair price in mind of what they worth. But if i want to turbo it or supercharge it, i might as well rebuid the engine first with aftermarket pistons, conrods, rings, valves, camshaft, etc... and maybe bore the block if possible. The only reason why I want to rebuild the engine first is because that it will be more reilable that way. my engine done 181K kms at the moment and I save my money up until it hits 210K kms or whenever it starts to loose its power haha.
    Goodluck , hope to see your build on here
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Cheers man, and me too cause money is what slowing me down haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Cheers man, and me too cause money is what slowing me down haha
    i know , im having the same problem xD
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Yet I maybe moving to Adelaide next year for a apprenticeship at CMI Toyota -.- dont ask but i am gonna do night coruses to be a bartender at the pokies area meaning i can get paid $24 per hour, and $10 to $15 per hour as an apprentice, i think i will be worth it, plus i have a room mate so that spilts up the rent haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Yet I maybe moving to Adelaide next year for a apprenticeship at CMI Toyota -.- dont ask but i am gonna do night coruses to be a bartender at the pokies area meaning i can get paid $24 per hour, and $10 to $15 per hour as an apprentice, i think i will be worth it, plus i have a room mate so that spilts up the rent haha
    Sounds like you got think's under control
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    what about d15b?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    what about d15b?
    lmao this is def/ best engine

btw 4k for mods or 4k whole budget for b18+sc
    and what b18c2 or c7
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    For $4g your best bet is a b18C2 swap or a cheap/basic turbo setup on the D. Go turbo IMO. Use standard internals and just keep the power output relatively low (120kw or less atw) and the block should be fine. Any more and it might shit itself.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    for the price of a b18c stock block with super charger, u could rebuilt ur d16 with pistons, rods, slight head work an aim for a good 300hp and with good tune u be lasting for along time before anything breaks
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    for the price of a b18c stock block with super charger, u could rebuilt ur d16 with pistons, rods, slight head work an aim for a good 300hp and with good tune u be lasting for along time before anything breaks
    300 HORSES?????? :O Ok I am 100% positive for going this idea now I better go buy the SAVE THE SOHC sticker after doing it :P haha! But seriously! 300HORSES???

Don't let the blood drain too much from your head to your pants bro, keep it real

Would it change if I said 500hp?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Forget eBay turbo kits, my initial thoughts was to turbo it the "cheap" way, but I learnt quick that forced induction isn't cheap.

Build your own kit using good quality 2nd hand or brand new.

I have no knowledge on D16's but I'm slowly acquiring parts for my B18A1, and hope to see 150-160fwkw on a safe tune (7ish psi).

I basically googled B18A1 turbo kits, got a general idea of what people were using for what power outputs, and started writing a list and sourcing parts.

Hope this helps