Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6

coil over plug conversion (b series)

hey guys, interested to see if anyone has played with the coil over plug conversion available these days? theres a couple kits available on the net from some good companies but wanted to now your experiences and if anyone has mixed and matched harnesses, cam modules and coils?
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

You mean k series or similar individual coil packs !? a brief search of hondatech and there seems to be good results/reliability compared to the stonky b series internal coil

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    yeah, was interested to see if people were using the aem kit with their own pencil coils or people were going with the k series coils, also interested to see the differences with tuning the aem cam pickup as opposed to using the stock distribter with the hondata retrofit module.....
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    It's the same thing.

You can gut the crap out of the dizzy and just leave the CPS. I made a rapid prototyped cover to fit a low profile gutted dizzy so it looks neat. If you have an S300 just buy the CPR kit. Give it a good source for power and you cannot go wrong. Hondata suggest the EU Civic coils purely for fitment, you can run K series coils but they stand pretty proud.

I highly doubt you will notice a power output difference between the two units.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    do you know if the aem retrofit is able to be run by the s300? dont really need it for power gains atm more of a wank/why not thing atm, ive seen a plate in the states which allows the k series coils to bolt up to which looks neat..... nothing like a neat engine bay imo

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    apparently the signal that the aem cam sensor gives off is different to the standard dizzy, can anyone confirm this? also after reading up on their capacitor module, seems to be able to work off any ecu ignition signal sent out, does the s300 have 4 leads for individual coils or does it use a waste spark style output from the ecu?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    lol, nice reasoning to do something..

The AEM unit from memory is NOT compatible with the S300 - hence the "different" ignition output sync or ref signal.

No, it is definitely not a wasted spark set up.. the coils fire once per cycle..if you can "sync" the ignition, of course it should work, but how does AEM unit sync/ref the engine? Is it the same as the way Honda does it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    well all ive been able to find is that its a 24-1 sync pattern, not sure what the honda is, i know using haltech a fair bit u have those settings but not sure about hondata. i still think there will be a way to use the use the capacitor "step up" module from aem to up the coil firing voltage

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    What ECU do you have?..

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    getting an s300, would go a haltec but really cbf'd making another harness before the end of the year, so have done some digging around and a couple companies have a cdi unit that should work going off the wiring diagrams, otherwise ill just play around and see if i can make one up.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Silicon chip have an article in their latest magazine on their own ignition module.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    you wouldnt happen to have a link to it would u?