Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

What to do next on my CL9?

As the title suggests... I'm not sure on what to do next on the Euro..
    (I'm currently off the road until February due to some other matters) so when I get back into it I want just one other upgrade to the car for the time being.
    Not a lot has really been done to it so far.. only thing I've installed is
    1. JL Competition sound system upgrade.
    2. xCarlink
    3. HIDs modified. (Yes, i'm the jerk with blinding headlights)
    And that's it.. so it's hardly any real modification at all lol.

I'm not sure as to what to do, I do want to keep the price low if I could, probably max 1k or so, the top 3 choices I've been suggested so far are:

1. Exhaust system (or just muffler for better sound)
    2. Swapping front splits and adding additional amps for just an audio upgrade (although it's fine already lol)
    3. Lowering, either coilovers or new springs. (although I don't want to dump it too low because my parents drive the car sometimes and mum is clumsy over speed bumps lol)
    4. New rims (I have the stock Euro R style ones on)

Any suggestions? Any other ideas someone might have? haha :P

(car pictured below, and I'm still on Green P's :P )
    Last edited by afgmoh; 05-11-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Wording.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    i wouldn't go exhaust. beauty of your car is it's a nice looking, modern, reliable car that doesn't attract unwanted attention. can't see an exhaust giving you any enjoyment - and it won't give you any noticeable performance gains.
    personally depending on how good the sound system already is, maybe look at upgrading it further? only if you're prepared to remove it when you sell the car though. one thing i regret is not removing my sound systems from past cars. it's an expense you cbf dealing with once you've done it before, but at the same time you always want. if you get it right the first time, believe me, swap it into all future cars.
    new rims is another option i suppose, but depending on what car you get next you probs won't use them again - so you'll be taking a loss straight away.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    For me ' exhaust does actually change the way you drive , more fun and enjoyable ' Or Bag it on its A$$ with the stock Wheel's
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Leave the alloy wheels,they are one of the nicest Honda designs ,and suit the CL9s sporty look perfectly...

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    hm... I've been looking at these 2.. I assume they'll give me a good change, unless anyone has any other tips or advice I should know of? (as I've never lowered a car or installed an exhaust before)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TEIN-STRE...item27cbbf9a8a

or this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SKUNK2-04...item4cf561c354

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 CL9 Lux
    depends what you are looking for in your car. I personally dont like the feel of the stock suspension, so I'd do coilovers and suspension change next. Slightly lower it (dont dump it, its more headaches for you) and stiffen it up a little. The rims do look good.
    '04 CL9 6spd Lux | front and rear Hardrace camber arms | Injen CAI | BC Racing Coilovers | DBA slotted rotors |

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Ugh I'm so indecisive.. the two main issues I have are:

Coilovers - I have a steep driveway, I'm worried it'll scrape so i'll have to properly measure.

Exhaust - I'm worried about drone and really bad drone..

Why is everything so complex haha.. sigh

get fujitsubo exhaust, sounds almost stock at low rpm, looks gorgeous. As for coilovers, they're much better than lowering via shock/spring combo, height and damper udjustability means u can't go wrong.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    hmm.. I've tried having a look around.. doesn't seem like the Fujitsubo ones are available anymore? As in discontinued product.. so now what?

Also, I had a look at how much I want the car dropped, and what my driveway steepness is..

I want about 5-5.5cm dropped on the rear, 6.5-7cm dropped on the front.
    My car sits 21cm above level ground, and at the worst angle on my drive way that comes as close as 10-11cm.. So, through logic say the front was dropped by 7 at the worst > 10 minus 7 = 3cm... so the car SHOULD still be okay without scraping bad lol.

So now the thing is, finding a reliable set of coilovers that will do that for me, and either a fujitsubo exhaust or Skunk2 .. depending on reviews on which is better. I like the sound of both although anyone know which has the worst drone?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Fujitsubo = no drone with a nice, quiet note.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2
    1k? tinting and brake pad.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Okay, fujitsubo it is. Now to find one... seeing as ebay or google wasn't really helpful. If anyone knows someone selling please let me know!

I've already tinted my car to max legal black. Brake pads I dunno.. what colour? The car is silver and wheels stock.. i just think any other colour brake pad would look lame? If you meant change colour..

Hmm.. maybe i'll do both and get coilovers as well alongside a fujitsubo haha