Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

dc5 suspension choice

Hey guys I'm looking for a set of suspension for my dc5 but have not found any besides a few that I personally dont prefer like BC or buddy club. I was thinking about tein super streets or the mugen sports suspension. But I read somewhere that the mugen one looks saggy at the rear due to lower cut of the fenders and they are not height adjustable. I'm ' thinking of getting one of these 2 or if anyone know of any others. Just want to lower the car a bit with abit of improved performance nothing hardcore.

I'm assuming you're talking about Coilovers?

If you're just lowering a bit and not doing any hardcore track work, perhaps just lowering springs would be a better choice?

If you want to improve the handling performance, then better spent on swaybars, bushings and tyres than just coilovers by themself =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Im no good with this, how do I choose my springs, knowing how much they will lower my car?

Most companies [Eibach, H&R, Spoon, Tein, JIC, Tanabe, RS*R, etc] will advertise their type [Linear or Progressive], the spring rate ['Stiffness'] and usually the average drop in height. The average drop in height usually they'll specify that its with stock parts [dampers/shocks & wheels/tyres]
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Know any place where i can purchase these?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    Have you looked into GAB Coilovers ? They are relitavely cheap and JDMyard can hook you up ... I do hear very good things about these. A bang for buck product!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    It sounds like you're on the right track on what you were thinking of, either the Tein SS or Mugen SS will probably do what you want. From the sounds of things you are right to shy away from the TDM stuff, as they tend to err on the stiffer side in regards to spring rates and my experience with the BC and Buddy Club dampers is that they can be a bit harsh over bumps due to their valving design.

I know guys that have been driving around on the Tein SS on DC5 for half a decade without any problems, they might not be the most fancy monotube design but they will allow you to lower the car to your preference and the spring rates are pretty conservative and they ride okay. No experience with Mugen SS, but I have no doubts that they would also fit the bill, if the ride height they give is what you want. You could also consider the entry level KW options, the DMS 40mm (these might be stretching your budget) or a set of Koni sport shocks and a lowering spring of your choice.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    anywhere you know where i can purchase a set of kw sussy?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda city
    Quote Originally Posted by an93l View Post
    Hey guys I'm looking for a set of suspension for my dc5 but have not found any besides a few that I personally dont prefer like BC or buddy club. I was thinking about tein super streets or the mugen sports suspension. But I read somewhere that the mugen one looks saggy at the rear due to lower cut of the fenders and they are not height adjustable. I'm ' thinking of getting one of these 2 or if anyone know of any others. Just want to lower the car a bit with abit of improved performance nothing hardcore.
    DreadAngel is right you need to get a set of coilovers before buying one of those what model is your car i think they have sizes for those parts you need to have a exact coilovers to enhance the performance
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
    car for sale:used car for sale:second hand cars

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by jminlo View Post
    DreadAngel is right you need to get a set of coilovers before buying one of those what model is your car i think they have sizes for those parts you need to have a exact coilovers to enhance the performance
    So what coilovers u recommend me? I dont prefer the buddyclub but seems like im leaning to it cause price is good on it.

I have a dc5r

So what coilovers u recommend me? I dont prefer the buddyclub but seems like im leaning to it cause price is good on it.

I have a dc5r

IF price is the main attraction - then buddyclub N+ are perfect for you. Cheap , decent quality - and they do what you want (lower the car to what you want).

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R

I have a dc5r
    As I said earlier. Have you looked into GAB SS Coilovers. JDMyard has these for real cheap price, cheaper than N+ I do believe. Just do some research about them first. I have the N+ on my car now, IMO for my use I think it just limited on adjustment.