Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Brembo Brakes on a Honda Civic 92 EG*

Howdy Mates. Hope everybody's doin well.

Just out of interest mates. Can I fit Brembo Brakes on my Honda civic 92 EG?

and if it's do-able, does anyone in this forum sell those brakes on a reasonable price?

Thanks heaps.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    sure you can, though i will rip a big hole into your wallet. the best bang for buck aftermarket big brake kit i have heard of is willwood, spoon, ap racing. but even then dont think you will get anything for less than $1500.
    can i just ask why you need a big brake kit on that above car? to me it looks like a very standard that does not need this. money is best spent elsewhere.

if you do want to improve your braking performance on a daily, from least expensive to expensive my recommendations would be:
    -upgrade pads and brake fluid
    -upgrade rotors and brake lines
    -upgrade to EG6/DC2/EK4 front hubs which include larger calipers and larger rotors while still keeping your stud pattern at 4x100 (rotor increase from 242mm to 262mm at front)
    -upgrade brake master cylinder and booster to a larger unit which can be had from an EG6/EK4 or DC2 type r aswell with a proportional valve from which you got the doner master cylinder and booster.

i myself have front hubs from a DC2 Vtir with upgraded pads and rotors, brake master cylinder and booster from an EK4, i didnt have to change the proportional valve because i already had rear rotors not drums.
    I think this is a great set up for a daily beater, bang for buck and still using OEM parts

hope this helps you out buddy
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    As stated above there are many OEM options available to get better stopping power. If however, you do have your mind set on a BBK, I can supply an ATS mini 6 pot kit with either 282mm or 303mm (depending on rim size) for $1585 (282mm rotors) or $1735 (303mm rotors) + shipping. All of our kits come with calipers, mounting brackets, pads, rotors & braided brake lines.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

@riruiz_88

thanks for the info mate. i might as well start with pads, fluid and brake lines.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Hi

do a bit of reading on what brakes do and how they work - otherwise you may end up with a BBK and have worse braking than previously if you don't know how to set it up right.

Start with pads, and rotors. Dissipate that heat so that you can brake hard multiple times.

and then better tyres so that you can apply more braking force
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

@curtis265

thanks for the info mate. will research on that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, these guys are right. I'll just add that genuine Brembo BBK front and rear will set you back more than the cars worth, i.e. definitely not worth it. Especially considering the weight of the car and it's actual performance potential, there's really no need. Pads are the easiest upgrade as they are what are actually touching the rotors. You'll find that proper track pads will increase your braking performance dramatically, although do note that track pads tend to be noisy when cold, and overly bitety/touchy for road use. "Sport" pads are prob the way to go.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ^exactly that, braking is all about compromise between bite, rotor abrasion, noise, cold performance
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Brake selection is all about application and balance, no point putting on a massive kit when you're putting around with some carby 1.5L doing daily work. Unless you're looking for glam then by all means go blow your hard earned wads of cash on it.

If you're running a low powered stock engine and just daily work, no spirited driving, just mild street pads, new fluid, full flush/bleed will do the trick.

Bolt on [I/H/E] + daily + occasional spirited driving, then go for something a little more aggressive but won't increase the deterioration to stock rotors too much is the ticket with the above.

Its only when you start putting in big increases in overall performance and substantial changes to application do you need to seek out BBKs or Track spec pads/rotors.

Obviously car to car is different, what an 1.5L Carby EG considers as normal would be inadequate for say a S2000 or LanEvo or GT-R for that matter. Balance is key here =)
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 12-11-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    brakes work as well as the tyres.

overkill brakes with shitty tyres will give you shitty performance.
    wheel lock up etc.

and since bigger brakes generally increase in weight, so it might actually slow you down due to weight.
    disadvantage>advantage.

DC2 vtir brakes or Prelude BB4 brakes are more than enough for your car.

ok mates i reck'n i got the idea now of what all of you are saying.

so first, i'll start with my brake pads, fluid and brake linings.
    2. upgrade Rotor.
    3. upgrade to DC2 vtir or Prelude BB4 brakes.

my follow-up questions are:

1. what specific rotor should i buy and is compatible to my honda civic EG?

2. Are those brakes -DC2 vtir and Prelude BB4- compatible to my honda civic EG?
    Shouldn't i be worried installing it to my car? im just worried that i might encounter a problem by the time i install it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If you order some DBA Gold Slotted & Dimpled 262mm rotors & second hand calipers (both to suit DC2/DC4) with some Project Mu B-Spec pads (rated at 0-500 degrees), along with some good DOT4 brake fluid, you will find that this is one of the best front brake packages going for street use. I have tried other pads ie Ferodo, Bendix etc and personally, you just can't beat Project Mu.

When it comes to installing it all, it will be a direct bolt on to your EG hubs. NO CHANGING IS REQUIRED and your standard brake lines will work
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8