Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5

How long should 3-4mm of tread last?

Thinking of buying some used tyres, have 3-4mm of tread left and will be used on my daily so roughly how long would that last? I've had the same tyres for 2 years, have had some good trips in it and still plenty of tread left.
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    All depends on driving style and tread wear rating
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    how longs a piece of string????

Way to many variables to know how long a tire can last, some tires can last up2 5 yrs/150,000 kms! than again some only last for 30,000kms with moderate driving

Brand/tire type (e.g Soft rubber compound), driving style, tire pressure, road surface, wheel alignment etc etc all have an effect on how ur tire last
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    All tyres are differ. But most new tires come with 7-12 mm tread new. So u about half way to 30% left. I say around 6 months with normal driving on a medium compound. Or standard road tire! Sport tires are softer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Cheers for the replies guys! Learn something new every day Instead of creating a new thread figure I'll ask here, what should I consider when buying a new tyre? I've currently got Pirelli P7's which have lasted VERY well so should I just go for another set when the time comes? It's serviced regularly, going in for wheel alignment when I have my new shocks put in (couple of weeks), road surface is always just Sydney roads so sometimes good, mostly shithouse. Car is usually driven short distances with the occasional longer trips but at the end of the day it's still my daily drive. Thanks again!
    You know what? I still hate you, but you got a pretty awesome collection of nudie mags.
    Yeah, I got 'em from the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's like masturbating in a time machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    how do you drive your car?? do you need good grip? how much you wanna spend???

i suggest federal 595, i know people is going to shoot me for it, but these tyres are not that expensive, and give you more than enough grip for daily use, and it looks great.

i know there are so many better tyres like RE001 or RE002, Toyo T1R, but value for money, go for 595.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    For the price you spend on Federal 595 i would pay for T1 Sports. Communicates alot better to you and will last longer
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Cheers fellas, ~$150 give or take would be my budget per tyre so the T1 Sports would be ideal!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    KU31 are good for the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    I was originally going for KU31's before I went for Perilli's, can't remember why I changed my mind

Am I able to choose the thickness of the tyre wall when choosing a set tyres? I've seen some with really high walls and some with walls alot lower.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    I was originally going for KU31's before I went for Perilli's, can't remember why I changed my mind

Am I able to choose the thickness of the tyre wall when choosing a set tyres? I've seen some with really high walls and some with walls alot lower.
    LOL Called the tire size. use this http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

Member Array
    Car:
    Hondata
    About 15,000km - 25,000km average by the look of it.

i also running ku31 on my cr kai. not bad for that price!