Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude Si-TCV

Air Conditioner Compressor Fault

I've got a 2004 Honda Accord Euro, My air conditioner compressor has giving up and from what I've been told, the compressor clutch has came apart.

The compressor is typically very expensive to buy from a Honda Service centre, therefor I've been looking at alternatives on Ebay and such.

Is there any variances that i should be aware of, from buying it off an online supplier?

Do i need additional things such as an accumulator, oil, o-rings kit?

Thanks.
    JDM Prelude Si-TCV - 4 Wheel Steering, Traction Control, ABS, LSD, Climate Control.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    cool drive in sydney

you will need a drier
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude Si-TCV
    JDM Prelude Si-TCV - 4 Wheel Steering, Traction Control, ABS, LSD, Climate Control.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by AYRTON View Post
    thats abit pricey, get a 2nd hand one from a wrecking yard. Should be less than half the price of that.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    wouldn't bother buying second hand compressors, it's like buying second hand dryers,
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

no point buying second hand because you dont want to do the job again. might as well spend that bit more and get it right the first time.

i think most honda dealers outsource the job. i had mine replaced, $2.2k Honda wanted $2.9k. Problem is compressor seizes and pushes metal filings right through the system and it all needs to be flushed out. Wasnt too happy

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' Accord Euro
    I recently replaced my compressor, tx valve and condenser... purchased the parts from www.rockauto.com in the US. Shipping is obviously a bit more expensive but still cheap in comparison to buying locally.
    Shipping was very fast too and could be tracked through the FedEx website.
    I paid a total of $700au delivered for the parts above.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Are there any telltale signs that a compressor failure is imminent? I would rather replace mine before it sends shards of metal through the whole system, if I can identify it before it happens...
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    Well i had same problem happen to mine ... thing was i had an accident a few years before and had the goood ol aami lifetime warrenty to replace it because they never flushed the A/c system... but with mine i went a A/c compressor from the CRV i think from memory and it was actually smaller pulley diameter than the CL9 one and i just needed a different belt lol. because supposable its common in the CL9 =(
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

sad sad sad... i have same problem on my Accord Euro 04 too..... so how much you guy fix it in the end?? i got quoted for almost $2000..... any cheaper way to fix it????

will a tsx one fit??