Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuan94 View Post
    Not 100% the whole time, it was probably 30-40 minutes of mountain driving, only full throttle on the straights. I did a compression test and it was approx 175, 180, 180, 185 respectively. Doesn't feel any weaker either

Id be more inclind to say check for external oil leaks. or a hole in your slump!

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    I filled up approx 2.5~L to get the oil to just below the top dot. Will turn my car on, and check in another 10 minutes

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    Compression test was done a couple of weeks ago, only drove down to supercheap to get spark plugs and the tester.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Check you oil pressure! And u not using homebrand oil or something r u?

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    No, hahaha! I ran Motul for a bit, am running Castrol Magnatec (10w-40) atm. I just did the 10 minute check, everything's fine, same amount of oil as there was just before I turned the car on.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Compression being good, id lean towards external leak.

Get a cheap white sheet from big w or something, and park the car on it overnight, in the morning, look for drops.

Fully degrease and clean the engine and engine bay, topside and bottom side, then look for oil seepage.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    I've been checking recently, nothing on my driveway. I will degrease and clean the bay and pick up maybe a timber board of a white sheet. But I've also been told when people are behind me and I'm at WOT, there's a LOT of smoke coming out the rear, so I'm still seeing if it has anything to do with that. Thanks for the advice!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuan94 View Post
    I've been checking recently, nothing on my driveway. I will degrease and clean the bay and pick up maybe a timber board of a white sheet. But I've also been told when people are behind me and I'm at WOT, there's a LOT of smoke coming out the rear, so I'm still seeing if it has anything to do with that. Thanks for the advice!
    If the car was burning 3L of oil in a 3 hr period the car would drive like crap. have you checked that you oil filter is on properly and you didnt damage it installing it with a oil wrench or somthing. As the wrench is remove it. Not install it!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    sounds like you got a leak somewhere

Is there soot on the back of the car? or oily stuff?

Sounds like you've got a major leak somwhere
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Definitely does sound like you got a major leak somewhere... a very major one to be losing 2-3 litres of oil for a 3 hour drive. I thought i had it bad when i had blue smoke coming out the back of my old dc2 and even then i was barely burning any oil at all... get this checked out asap. you dont want to see your car fked up.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    There's a lot of soot on the rear bar and on the boot as well. Yeah, I didn't install the oil filter with the wrench. Anyone know of a good Honda mechanic in the Brisbane area? Really do want to get this sorted asap

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Honda work shop. If the cars still stock internals