Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    PCV valve failure or oil leaking out through the oil filter gasket seal. Only leaks while driving (oil pump supplying positive pressure), so the oil does not appear under your car in your parking spot, but rather in a trail as you are driving along the mountain road under heavy throttle. When you go back there next time, see if there are any cars that slid off the road after driving over your oil trail.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    sounds like you got a leak somewhere

Is there soot on the back of the car? or oily stuff?

Sounds like you've got a major leak somwhere
    Sounds like your on repeat

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Soot on the back of the car isnt oil, its fuel, like i said, the ECU richens up the mixture under WOT, and even more under VTEC

If yu burnt 3l of oil in a 3 hour long drive youd know about it, it wouldnt just be a small amount of smoke, itd be massive massive plumes , worse than this,

to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    PCV valve failure or oil leaking out through the oil filter gasket seal. Only leaks while driving (oil pump supplying positive pressure), so the oil does not appear under your car in your parking spot, but rather in a trail as you are driving along the mountain road under heavy throttle. When you go back there next time, see if there are any cars that slid off the road after driving over your oil trail.
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Soot on the back of the car isnt oil, its fuel, like i said, the ECU richens up the mixture under WOT, and even more under VTEC

If yu burnt 3l of oil in a 3 hour long drive youd know about it, it wouldnt just be a small amount of smoke, itd be massive massive plumes , worse than this,

M8 hes just doin a fat powerskid. Cause murica
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

We're you on a slant when you checked your oil the first time?? Giving you the impression that you were topped up??

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Your engine can still compress fine but burn oil if the comp rings are good but the oil rings stuffed. Consider a thicker oil EG Penrite 10W-50 until you find the source of the leak

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Your engine can still compress fine but burn oil if the comp rings are good but the oil rings stuffed. Consider a thicker oil EG Penrite 10W-50 until you find the source of the leak
    I thought piston rings were piston rings

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
    I thought piston rings were piston rings
    there are 3 rings in piston rings ay
    compression, oil, and that other wavy ring thing

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by khanguskhan View Post
    We're you on a slant when you checked your oil the first time?? Giving you the impression that you were topped up??
    Nope, was on flat ground in my carport.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Apparently, it was leaking at the sump gasket... but I searched around the sump and there's no leaks on the sump itself. (according to a mechanic)
    Last edited by Tuan94; 02-12-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    lossing that much oil from the slump would leave a pool when parked.. Even if it only leaks when running. It would still drip after a drive for a good 10 minutes!

Seems like way too much oil without a leak or an enormous plume of smoke

Im guessing you got confused and checked the oil straight after the drive while the oil was still in the head, not giving an even or accurate measure on the dipstick.

I made this mistake once
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2

Only rev'd to ~5k rpm