Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    thats normal mate.

just a bit of unburnt fuel.
    see how much my civic pumps when i give it. i watched a SUV find its way through the fog in my rear view once.

was the car engine cold?

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    Nah, engine was not cold. I see a big cloud come out when I give it some, just can't really determine the colour. But yeah, sometimes it's to the point where I can see it illuminated by the car behind me at night

same thing happened with my old car. Was the rings/value seals. Sold the car before it needed a rebuild. Buyer was aware of this and didnt seem to be bothered with topping it up once every few weeks
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    When you say not cold, how long after driving did you wait before you checked the oil?
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Your cars fine, your being paranoid.

Put a thicker oil. 5-30,10-30 is too thin
    Especially if your hitting vtec or staying in vtec in summer.

Piston rings may be wearing out, but same with every other motor after a high amount of Km's or thrashing.
    Don't stress, Do a compression test to make sure.

Put 15-40,15-50w.
    As well change your spark plugs.

Who did the last oil change, because they probly didn't double check the oil after they started it up, oil does go around .5 litres lower after you start it up from 4 litres if they drained it out nicely.
    Last edited by Evok; 03-12-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    You are burning oil. If its pushing out that much in neutral. It will do alot more in gear under pressure! best bet as said above. use thicker oil. Check oil every couple of days. And either sell it. Or rebuild it when she needs it in the future! Try a 10-40, You dont wont to go to thick. And insure you keep the 1st number at 15 or less. As you dont wont the oil to thick at start up!
    Last edited by JDM DC2R; 03-12-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    Thanks guys. I am now considering selling the car, rebuilding it or doing an engine conversion to it. I just did an oil change yesterday, and am running Nulon 15w-50, will have to see how that goes as well

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Your car seems fine to me... compared to my white integra back in the day. You got nothing on me!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3weeax5kk...722_094833.mp4
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au