Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04

[CL9] Brake rotors/pads

So after 120k my brake rotors are warped pretty badly and have <3mm on my pads, you feel like your sitting on a massage chair when slowing down from 80km/ph+... Anyway I’ve had the car checked about a week ago and they have pretty much said that I’ve got maybe 5000kms left in those unless i drive really carefully.

I'd say my driving style is aggressive so I’ve decided not to replace my rotors with OEM style rotors, but getting drilled or slotted ons instead. Hopefully they wont wrap anytime soon and provide better brakeing performance...

I've been researching a few things about rotors/pads recently and got a few questions...
    • Has anyone here upgraded their rotors/pads, if so what did you change them to?
    • Acura TSX 04 - 06 parts should fit on my 04 Euro? or are they different parts.
    • Does it matter that the TSX is LHD and the euro is RHD (in terms of rotors/pads)?
    • Any recommendations?

JaxQuickFit quoted me $700 for changing my front 2 rotors to slotted and drilled rotors, but if i can get them for myself i think i can save a bit...
    Last edited by thezaza101; 30-11-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Firstly its brakes, not breaks.

Secondly, how is your driving style aggressive? Do you hit the twisty roads a fair bit? Or do you just like putting the boot in when taking off from a set of lights, then have to slow down quickly when youre over the speed limit?

If its the first, then yeah, go for a set of slotted rotors. Dont go drilled, the holes create weak spots that will cause cracking. DBA or RDA will be fine, matched up with a set of decent pads, EBC redstuff, or QFM HPX.

If its the second, dont bother, just get standard replacements, and learn to settle down when driving.

As for LHD vs RHD, no there isnt a difference.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    Fixed my spelling

Definitely the first kind, i know the cl9 isn't meant to be a performance car but i do like following my mates MR2 around lol.

Anyway i was thinking of getting these (with rear pads as well): http://www.heeltoeauto.com/ht-spec-b...7-cl9-cu2.html
    They are a bit more expensive than what i can get locally but i expect them to be much better and last a lot longer.

Can anyone see any problems with getting those?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    try amazon, Heeltoe shipping cost is horrid.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Tsx 2004 to 2006 will fit. As long as it is the CL9 model, which is up to 2008 (I think), it will fit.

I've used hawk ceramics which were similar to oem after bedding in. They were good on the rotors. Now I am using project mu NR which is much better but the dust is black in color and significantly more in quantity. For rotors, I went for DBA 4000 blanks.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    For rotors, I went for DBA 4000 blanks.
    where from and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    try amazon, Heeltoe shipping cost is horrid.
    Does Amazon ship directly or do you go through an american postbox? Just wondering

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    organising group buy of rotors and pads on aus euro. http://www.facebook.com/groups/auseuro/ we buying cquence
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    where from and how much?
    From a local shop. I think it was $550 for front and rear.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

yo aaron

what you think of brakes from these guise....

http://www.cquence.net/ymm/product/l...1&submodel=all

Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    organising group buy of rotors and pads on aus euro. http://www.facebook.com/groups/auseuro/ we buying cquence
    how does this work - do I just pick what I want an PM someone?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    yeah man, jack dorney is organising it.
    what gets wet ...while its drying?