Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD RR

fn2r seats for fd civic.

does anyone know if the fn2r airbag plug will fit straight into the original fd airbag socket under the chair? or does it require a new socket to be installed for it work.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD RR
    I'm buying another 08 vti-l tomorrow. so just need to mod the rails and swap buckles right. but I believe the actual socket when the fd seat is removed is separate. so what I meant was will the airbag plug from the fn2r seat connect with the fd airbag socket which is separate to the fd chair.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    fits straight in i am 99% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyFD View Post
    fn brackets are different to fd brackets
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...398-FN2-Recaro

FN2r seats are not straight bolt on, the brackets are different. Will cost to get brackets welded. (Cost me 350 - 400).

If you organise with EGB then I'm happy to swap my seats, which are FN2R seats with fd brackets with the fd2r sears with cash my way.

That way you'll have a legal set that fits and I'll make a bit of my money back.

I'm 2007 vti so no need for me to have the airbags.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ivics/page1176

Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    fd2r fits straight into fd chassis. fn2r seats do not as duffy has stated.

Rndy: you would need the fn2r seats since u have airbags. the clip for the weight sensor will cause ur airbag light to go off (and potentially not deploy the airbags in the event of an accident - this is debatable, i don't think anyone has actually tested this, or would like to, but either way it's defectable to have that light on and showing).

I tried to bypass the sensor as i had a pair of fd2r seats before, but it was just way too difficult and complicated and i didn't want to f around too much, so i just sold the seats.

Best bet is to do what duffy has suggested, that way everyone wins!

EDIT: i was by the way able to bypass the AIRBAG sensor (by using a resistor), but the WEIGHT sensor is the one you'll have trouble with. The only way is to pull out the sensor from your vti-l seat and somehow insert it into the fd2r seats. And i doubt you'd like to do that because it would probably involve the destruction of the vti-l seat lol, which is not worth it.

You can't bypass the weight sensor with a resistor (not of the Ohms we tried anyway), and most people who have transplanted the weight sensor from their euro car seats (VW golf, even Skyline too) into recaros were able to do so because they could remove the sensor without destroying their stock seat. None of them found a way to bypass the weight sensor via a resistor or some cheeky method like that, which is most unfortunate lol.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ivics/page1176

I have FN2R seats (with airbags). They're not bolt on, I had a look last night.

I'm getting them fitted as we speak. xD

These would be perfect for a FD2 since they have the airbags, I don't need the airbags in my FD1 but meh!
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ivics/page1121

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...s-for-FD-Civic
    Last edited by lolmclol; 06-12-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    He's talking about the airbag socket, not the rail brackets.

Brackets are different, but the airbag plug socket sensor thingy is the same.

But yes - this has been discussed quite heavily recently lol

Updated post :-p

Hehe I'm enjoying the support of the seats too much! Wouldn't mind more lumbar support though.

Here's my UPDAAAAAT!

After a grueling 12 hours on the car today. Airbags aren't all that hard, just a very involved process of running all the lines and wiring everything correctly.

Result (in desperate need of a wash - me and the car)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ivics/page1123

It can be done I think but be aware DuffyFD has a VTI model which I think he said his doesn't have the side airbags so hes able to avoid some of the issues there.
    Last edited by lolmclol; 06-12-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Good post +1.

Yeah VTI model helps a lot if installing seats WITHOUT airbags so yeah fn2r into a vti-l model should be simple once you get the rails and bracket sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    Good post +1.

Yeah VTI model helps a lot if installing seats WITHOUT airbags so yeah fn2r into a vti-l model should be simple once you get the rails and bracket sorted.
    unfortunately I think when they facelifted the civic, they added the seats with airbags into the 09+ VTI models.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    Oh yeah i think they did too lol. Does OP have a facelift?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    this guy just quotes wise old me

stance > fenders

this guy just quotes wise old me
    you're the only one (edit: and black8thgen) who have posted reasonable information about it.
    Last edited by lolmclol; 07-12-2012 at 04:45 PM.