Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Dash Resting while driving?

hey guys, just woundering if anyone els has had this problem ive been getting lately which is when im driving, ive had the stereo turn on and off, and the dash board light up with all the lights(vsa, check engine, oil, battery ect) and your speedo, rev, fuel and temp all drop as if ive turned the car off. then all comes back to normal after about 2 seconds.

i spoke to honda and he said ohhh it could be the battery on its way out. but it starts fine and its only happend driving so i cant see it being the battery. any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    it sounds like a connection's loose and coming back/ something's shorting.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    the only thing i can think of is that i installed one of thos aux/ipod adapter things. but i had that in the car for just under a week before i first had the issue

have you by any chance tugged at any plugs to come loose?

also how about testing your battery? places like supercheap auto will chuck the meter on it for a test and tell you if its good, or on its way out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    I had the same thing happen. Then a few days later the battery just died. Once i replaced it for a more powerful battery it never happened again.

The standard Euro battery is pretty small and crap. You're better off to replace with a bigger more powerful battery.

Member Array
    I have had the same thing happen too, after replacing the battery. It was fine for a while, then it happened again.

Ended up being the Alternator dying, so get that checked before you change battery.
    OPPAI BIATCHES

I have all sort of problem blinking sign on dash, VSA errors, now this is happening as well....

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 7th Gen
    usually battery or alternator, unless you have some wiring problems. but that is less likely than the first 2 options (which are also really easy to test for). Also dont get fooled into thinking the alternator is on its way out as it is an ECU controlled output alternator. so work out how to properly check it before you decide its toast.
    Also if you do need to replace it, dont get a Honda OEM one. $$$$
    A quality refurbished unit will do and if you are handy with a spanner its easy enough. Honda wanted 1200-1500 fitted. I got a refurbished one for $150 and fitted it myself in 45mins...
    Last edited by jjman; 06-02-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Battery or alternator causing voltage fluctuations

Common issue on the accord
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Replaced the battery under warranty, no problem for a month or two, then it came back.
    Finally found the problem, it is the ground, sand the chassis and added another cable.