Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04

Help, broken bit/rear brake light

*CL9*
    2004 ACCORD EURO base model

Hey guys, I need some help, just got my windows tinted today and the rear central high mounted brake light was not put in properly.
    To further explain, here isn't a picture... LOL >.< but anyway the two clips towards the back and bottom aren't fully clicked in.
    Also to note, the light bulb no longer works either, i tested this and checked the globe which is still intact.

I think somewhere along the line he's stuffed something whilst the window was out, i found this metal clip thing sitting in my boot...... >: (
    CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY WHAT IT IS PLEASE?????

Thanks for any positive input,
    Dale.
    P.S. does anyone know how to put the central light housing back in properly..?
    Last edited by Daleyb93; 18-12-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by Daleyb93 View Post
    *CL9*
    2004 ACCORD EURO base model

Hey guys, I need some help, just got my windows tinted today and the rear central high mounted brake light was not put in properly.
    To further explain, here isn't a picture... LOL >.< but anyway the two clips towards the back and bottom aren't fully clicked in.
    Also to note, the light bulb no longer works either, i tested this and checked the globe which is still intact.

I think somewhere along the line he's stuffed something whilst the window was out, i found this metal clip thing sitting in my boot...... >: (
    CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY WHAT IT IS PLEASE?????

Thanks for any positive input,
    Dale.
    P.S. does anyone know how to put the central light housing back in properly..?
    Kinda looks broken/cut there... Are the other clips similar to that one?
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Kinda looks broken/cut there... Are the other clips similar to that one?
    Well the clips holding the housing in are just plastic as far as I can tell, not really sure how to fiddle that bit so I'm leaving it.
    As for the bit pictured ^ it seems like a sheer force, no idea what or where it came from.... :'(

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Is that metal or silvered plastic? It looks like a clip that holds in the bottom of the reflector part of the brake light. If so, they've broken it getting it out.

Edit: Found this, you can see the clip that matches:

- HZ
    Last edited by HunterZero; 19-12-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    Is that metal or silvered plastic? It looks like a clip that holds in the bottom of the reflector part of the brake light. If so, they've broken it getting it out.
    Hmm tough call, to me it looked like a very lightweight piece of aluminium, in the picture you posted what are the LED's for?

EDIT: now I think of it the piece is surely what you've described... I showed him and he said "hmm not sure", then disposed of it. I have picture evidence if need be)

I replaced the globe and now the light works but the housing still seems out of place, do you know how I can pull it out to check if he's busted the clip..?

Thanks very much for your help HZ, much appreciated.
    Dale.
    Last edited by Daleyb93; 19-12-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Can be repaired. No stress. Get yourself some 3M PR40 (or PR100) cyanoacrylate adhesive. Most of the places that I can find online are distributors. If you can find a hardware shop that sells it, get it. Damn expensive but the bond is so much stronger than the regular Supaglue. It is so strong that if it breaks again, it usually breaks at a different spot on the plastic and not at the bond.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Can be repaired. No stress. Get yourself some 3M PR40 (or PR100) cyanoacrylate adhesive. Most of the places that I can find online are distributors. If you can find a hardware shop that sells it, get it. Damn expensive but the bond is so much stronger than the regular Supaglue. It is so strong that if it breaks again, it usually breaks at a different spot on the plastic and not at the bond.
    Except he threw out the plastic bit... :'( i didn't even notice but now it's not in my boot where I left it to show him..

Do you know how to get the light housing off anyway?

Thanks aaronng (LOL i called you fredoops, my bad)
    Last edited by Daleyb93; 19-12-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheeky b**tard. He probably knows he broke it pulling it out, and is trying to get out of paying for a replacement part.

Looks like it comes out easily. Remove the bulb, then from the back seat, push the front of the housing towards the rear window to release the two front clips while lifting it up, or cover a flat screwdriver with a cloth and gently pry it up. Then that reflector should come out. Should be even easier if the clips are damaged or not reinstalled properly.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    in the picture you posted what are the LED's for?
    The owner of that car was doing a LED brake light mod, those were the LEDs he used.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Jeez this is harder than I thought....
    I managed to get the black housing popped up, but the metallic plastic reflector bit isn't coming up and out.
    WHAT'S THE TRICK?!?!??@@@?!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Frustrating me lots, i can't figure it out

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Jeez this is harder than I thought....
    I managed to get the black housing popped up, but the metallic plastic reflector bit isn't coming up and out.
    WHAT'S THE TRICK?!?!??@@@?!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Frustrating me lots, i can't figure it out
    According to the service manual, the plastic reflector should come off with the black housing. Diagram to remove it from the parcel shelf says to push it towards the windscreen, then lift up to clear the hook and then pull back towards yourself to remove. I've never done this myself, so I can't share any real-life experience with this.

--------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2