Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

SSR center bore size

Hi guys. As you may know i have SSR type C 15 x 7 @ 42 offset. I noticed my center bore of the wheel doesn't exactly match the hub. Tried measuring it and got 73.5mm. My question is, does any one no the exact center bore size for these rims. As i wanting to get hub centric rims! And the sizes vary by 0.1 mm

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    1. they can be different depending on model, size, stud pattern etc. so there is no exact bore size.
    2. Use hubcentric fit rings if youre worried about it
    3. there is no defining research that says rims must be perfectly hubcentric, and your wheels will fall off otherwise. literally no proof, just hearsay, and peoples own experiences, and you never know if theyve done something like overtighten wheel nuts, causing the stud to snap.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    1. they can be different depending on model, size, stud pattern etc. so there is no exact bore size.
    2. Use hubcentric fit rings if youre worried about it
    3. there is no defining research that says rims must be perfectly hubcentric, and your wheels will fall off otherwise. literally no proof, just hearsay, and peoples own experiences, and you never know if theyve done something like overtighten wheel nuts, causing the stud to snap.
    stud patten is 114.1 x 5

Thats what im after. but without nothing the size. its abit hard. Eyeing it off with a tape measer isnt accurate enough and i dont have a measuring caliper

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    go to a good tyre shop, and ask if you could test fit some. i went to get tyres installed at bridgestone and much to my surprise they gave me free hubcentric rings of the correct size!! i changed my wheels one day and realised the fitment was off, because of the rings LOL.

I assume you mean hubcentric rings?

As trism mentioned it's fine to run it without it, ideally you would want it to sit flush with the hub so there isn't any strain on the lug nuts.

If you are after purchasing the rings (I assume probably from ebay). Put the wheel on and use a piece of paper to trace the rim where the difference between the hub and bore is.

Measure the thickness, then find a hubcentric ring which is 64.1 (assuming DC2R) with whatever the difference is as the outer ring size.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    contact taleb tyres in the traders section

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I decieded to buy a couple of sizes as there cheap as. Thanks for the help guys