Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic FD2

Perfect wheel size for FD2? PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys, newbie here. I've just bought a Civic MY09 8th Gen FD2 recently and I'm trying to get some 17" wheels.
    The problem is I have no idea which wheel size (e.g. the offsets) fits FD2 best .
    Also what is perfect height for 17" wheels if I were to lower the car?

Sorry for the silly questions, please advice.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    read http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...el-Setup-Guide

it tells you what other members have tried and what were required to get that height.

To stick with OEM specifications your wheel choice will be 17x7+45, 17" for the rim size, 7" for the width, and +45 for the offset (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_%28wheel%29).

The tire size to fit that wheel will be 215/45/17 91V, that once again is abiding to OEM specifications which should ensure that you're not receiving an inaccurate reading on your speedometer, or having to alter you car in any other way, shape or form.

If you're keen on a certain image, you can safely go up to 19" for the rim size, and 9" for the width, and +20~ offset, but keep in mind by doing this you will most likely be looking into changing your factory suspension to coilovers, rolling your fenders, and adding camber arms.
    Keep in mind this will cause headaches and will cost a lot more than simply sticking to OEM specifications. I'm not trying to deter you from this direction, its just how I see it personally.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Hi guys, newbie here. I've just bought a Civic MY09 8th Gen FD2 recently and I'm trying to get some 17" wheels.
    The problem is I have no idea which wheel size (e.g. the offsets) fits FD2 best .
    Also what is perfect height for 17" wheels if I were to lower the car?

Sorry for the silly questions, please advice.

Knowledge is not bestowed upon those who run up an ask. It is learned.

There is a huge amount of info here and on 8thgen forums from the USA.

1. Depends if you're lowing on aftermarket springs, you cannot get a perfect fitment.

2. Perfect fitment is an opinion, do you want flush or poke, and do you know what that means?

3. Do you know anything about stretched tires (tirestretch.com)

4. Do you know anything about offsets and widths?

Do a fkload of reading and understand yourself, you do not understand the depth of your question.

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyFD View Post
    Knowledge is not bestowed upon those who run up an ask. It is learned.

There is a huge amount of info here and on 8thgen forums from the USA.

1. Depends if you're lowing on aftermarket springs, you cannot get a perfect fitment.

2. Perfect fitment is an opinion, do you want flush or poke, and do you know what that means?

3. Do you know anything about stretched tires (tirestretch.com)

4. Do you know anything about offsets and widths?

Do a fkload of reading and understand yourself, you do not understand the depth of your question.

Repped
    StanceSlutz

First, decide what you want the car to look like. 17's or 18's etc? How low do you want to go? What kind of wheel design will you look for, like 5-spoke or 6-spoke etc.?

If you're planning to change suspension and wheels, I'd advise on doing the suspension first because that will affect the parameters for perfect fitment.

Once you've lowered the car, use a calculator to find out what size will get you the fitment you want. An example would be something like this:

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Input your current setup on the left, then go and take some measurements for the kind of fitment you want. Play around with the settings in the calculator on the right to match those measurements, and you'll have an idea of what you'll need to look for.

Also check what others have done and ask them for their measurements (e.g., wheel threads or car meets).

It takes a bit of effort but the results are totally worth it if you can get it right.

There is no "Perfect" fitment and height. It all depends on what you want to do/setup.
    like what DuffyFD said.

But I honestly think 17x8 and between +35 - +45 offset will sit nice. If i get coilovers then i would say +35 offset
    and on springs get around +45 offset to keep it from rubbing.

The 8th Gen civic has really good guards from factory and you can run +20 offset without rolled guards
    and only get minimal rub.